996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Just wanted to introduce myself & ask for reco on local shops

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 11:23 PM
jyoteen
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Try Johnson's Alignment in Torrance. Steve (owner) is a POC member/racer. They've aligned my cars since 2000.

http://johnsonsalignment.com/default.htm

West End Alignment is also a shop that seems to have a good rep, so it's up to you
Old 10-02-2010, 12:45 AM
kristyhana
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Laura
Great idea to join PCA. In fact, there is a breakfst meeting tomorrow at Original Mike,s in Santa Ana for the Orange Coast Region of Porsche Club of America. People start to gather at about 8:00, breakfast is around 9 am. There is usually around 70-80 cars, all vintages. Lots of people to talk with that can suggest shops in your area.

Original Mike's
100 S. Main St. (corner of Main St. and 1st)
Santa Ana, CA 92701

I will be there tomorrow morning and would be happy to introduce you around. Ask for Laura Hergesheimer.
Hi Laura! I assume you are associated with Hergesheimer Motorsports? I have been talking to Eric there about getting my car aligned, actually. I was just referred by a friend, Marie, she has a white Cayman, maybe you know her? Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the meet tomorrow, I wish I could make it but I have plans already. But I think I will join PCA and hope to make it to another event. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:52 AM
kristyhana
Advanced

Originally Posted by gota911
Kristy,

Welcome to Rennlist and Congrats on getting the 996!

Now lets get down to business! As a few others have already mentioned, it is customary for Newbies to tell us a little about their car and to post pics. So consider this next sentence your "Newbie Initiation."

Come on, Newbie, post the !@#$%^&* pics!
Thanks for the heads up I will take pics tomorrow and will try to re-introduce myself properly, lol. I would tell more about my car, but I'm still figuring out about it myself!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:53 AM
kristyhana
Advanced

Originally Posted by jyoteen
Try Johnson's Alignment in Torrance. Steve (owner) is a POC member/racer. They've aligned my cars since 2000.

http://johnsonsalignment.com/default.htm

West End Alignment is also a shop that seems to have a good rep, so it's up to you
Torrance is a little far for me, but thanks for the recommendation. I will keep it on file
Old 10-02-2010, 12:55 AM
kristyhana
Advanced

Originally Posted by Irksome
I would recommend you join the PCA, and tap into the Orange County Region's website for good recommendations for local shops. You can also post down below in the region-specific forums for a little better chance of local recommendations.

Nice looking car, welcome.
Thank you, and great idea, I definitely plan to join PCA soon.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Laura
Pro

Oh yes, I know Marie. She is an enthusiast. She actually participates in autocross with the PCA in San Diego and Orange County. If she could be on a course every weekend she would!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:05 PM
996Pilot
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Grand Prix Performance on Newport Blvd. in Costa Mesa (Newport Beach) but that was over 5 years ago. They did a good four wheel alignment after I had two rear tires put on my '99 C2 Cab.

My dealer/warranty company just sent my 2002 C2 Cab out for four wheel alignment and corner balance and they (exclusively) use Dave's Frame and Alignment in Huntington Beach. I've heard many others use them as well. My car came back from them riding like it was on rails. No knowledge of the cost.

Dan
Old 10-04-2010, 11:45 PM
SMR996
Burning Brakes

www.hergesheimer.com ask for Laura, Mark, or Eric.....
Old 10-05-2010, 12:02 AM
kristyhana
Advanced

Originally Posted by SMR996
www.hergesheimer.com ask for Laura, Mark, or Eric.....
Actually I've been talking with Eric and plan to bring the car in this week for the alignment Nice to hear others with good experience with them.

Quick Reply: Just wanted to introduce myself & ask for reco on local shops