Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look great! Enjoy the new ride!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Very sharp,can you put up some better exterior shotts? Hard to see the teal.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:41 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice, love the full leather natural interior! Good luck with the car! Glad you found the tool kit too.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:36 PM
AUPorsche
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Larry

you will learn over time how rare our color - metallic teal - is. third level special order or something like that. I have a 03 C2 with the same external paint but a different interior color. whenever i go to porsche events or to races at Lime Rock or NHMS, there's a crowd around the car commenting on the color. yours is the second metallic teal i have seen.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:38 AM
larry47us
Pro

I was really looking for a car that was in a "different" color. Sooo many silver and black. The dark Teal is hard to get a picture of that shows off the color. But, I will try. To me, the contrast of the light brown interior with the dark green exterior makes for a very striking car. As I was arranging for the PPI I saw a couple of posts from at least one other Pcar guy that said he was interested in the car, but his wife didn't like the color combination. "Thanks, Honey; If you hadn't said NO, I wouldn't be driving a dream car." Like I said before, wish I had a longer commute.

larry
Old 10-01-2010, 10:45 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From your Avatar, it's obvious you have a thing for green cars!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Larry - congrats on the purchase, gorgeous color combo!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:16 AM
jugger911
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She looks brand new, and I like the wood trim on the tan interior. It's looks classy. Enjoy your trip and be safe... (If you listen closely, you can almost here him gigglin' as he drives)
Old 10-20-2010, 11:21 AM
larry47us
Pro

It's been three weeks since I brought my 996 home from Houston. I park it at the other end of any parking lot, and walk backwards all the way to the store, keeping my eye on it, so that it doesn't disappear in a cloud of smoke. I get into the car and smile all the time that I'm in it. I love hearing the engine howl as I put my foot in it at 3K RPM, and get pushed back into my seat as the car launches forward.

I don't mind filling it up twice a week at the gas station. Several times a day I look out my office window to see that Dark Teal Porsche in the parking lot - amazed that it's still there. I look out the bedroom window before I go to bed, just making sure that that car is still there - proving that it IS really mine. I have automatically allocated two hours every Sunday morning, so that I can take the time to give it the weekly bath, so it continues to look the part.

I have to keep my mouth shut to keep from blurting out Porsche drivel to everyone I work with or meet about the tires I bought, the oil change I'm doing, the challenge from some dude at the stoplight of this morning, the . . . . . Porsche stuff that no one else cares about, but me (or any other Porsche nut.)

Ahhhhh, but it's really mine, and I LOVE IT - but anyone that I talk to who hasn't had a Porsche just doesn't get it, they just don't.

Larry
Old 10-20-2010, 11:37 AM
psuboy
Advanced

Hey Larry,
I know exactly what you are feeling. I picked my car up the same way. You are a few weeks ahead of me. I have it in the shop getting all the fluids fixed and a few of the PPI problems fixed. It feels so good to get in and drive the car. I feel a little naked with out it. Everyone is sick of hearing me talk about it.
Pete

Quick Reply: Trip back home from Texas with new 996