Sponsored by:

CPO extended warranty covers stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Mabuhay
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by calbo
The stereo's on the blink. On dry days it appears to be functioning just fine. Now that damper weather has arrived, it is acting funny. The head unit seems to operate just fine (all buttons work, no rebooting issues, can hear the CD spinning) but there is no audio whatsoever.

I've done a few searches and have read that people have been able to get their stereo components replaced under warranty. The posts were never really clear whether this was the 4-year new car warranty or some other warranty.

My '04 C4S coupe was a CPO and is still on Porsche's extended coverage until February 2011. My local dealership (not to mention any names) recognizes and confirms the expiration date of the warranty, but claims that this warranty DOES NOT cover the good ol' Becker CDR-23 stereo or any component of it.

Is the dealership's service advisor correct in stating this?
I have the SAME EXACT issue. When it starts to get cold here in Boston, the stereo goes on the fritz. If I wait for the car to warm up and THEN turn it on, it works fine.

Originally Posted by soverystout
The CPO warranty changed right around August of 2008. After August 2008, the warranty covered many more items and resemebled a new car warranty.

As you can see on the site, it now covers "comfort electronics". i would imagine that the radio is covered under the "newer" CPO warranty.

If your warranty was issued before August 2008, you are out of luck.

Removing the most system and putting in aftermarket is an expensive proposition...
My car was a CPO as well. It DID NOT cover the stereo. From my research, what soverystout wrote above is accurate. It all depends on when your car was CPO'ed...

Quick Reply: CPO extended warranty covers stereo?