996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Removable Harness Bar for Cab

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:30 PM
bkjwhipple
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the B-K bar you don't need to drill holes... FYI :-)
Old 09-21-2010, 10:00 AM
smackboy1
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Before buying a harness bar, something else you might want to consider are the rules for the tracks you might want to DE at. A few tracks require convertibles to have a fixed roll bars (e.g. VIR, Limerock, NJMP). The stock self deploying ones do not pass tech. If you think you will drive these tracks it might be better to just get a roll bar w/ harness mounting points from the start. Or you can do what I did and sell the cabrio and buy a coupe

Something like the Tequipment roll bar is bolted into the rear using 4 bolts in pre-exisiting seatbelt mounting points. It doesn't come out in seconds, but it can be removed in 30 mins or less. I think similar products by BK or Das mount in a similar fashion. I don't think any drilling is required.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:11 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by smackboy1
Before buying a harness bar, something else you might want to consider are the rules for the tracks you might want to DE at. A few tracks require convertibles to have a fixed roll bars (e.g. VIR, Limerock, NJMP). The stock self deploying ones do not pass tech. If you think you will drive these tracks it might be better to just get a roll bar w/ harness mounting points from the start. Or you can do what I did and sell the cabrio and buy a coupe
Excellent advice. I will add though that VIR has changed thier policy on the 996 CAB. They no longer require a fixed rollbar as long as you run with the hardtop in place.

Checking with the sanctioing body (i.e., PCA, etc) that you plan to run with will save tons of headaches.

Last edited by LVDell; 09-21-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:07 PM
rwiii
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

None of the tracks or organizations that run DE's around me have a problem with the cab and no permanent roll bar

Quick Reply: Removable Harness Bar for Cab