Sponsored by:

Stuck in Darien GA...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010 | 04:04 PM
johonole
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck in Darien GA...

After 9 months of owning my car I took my first road trip. Drove from jax fl to atlanta to pick up a hard top for my cab. I have been looking for a hard top since I got the car but this is the first midnight blue one I have found at a reasonable price- $675. The guy also has a burgandy one that he will sell for $675 if someone needs one.

Got the top and spent the night in atlanta- anima convention was being held at my hotel which was interesting. Left atlanta fri morning with plans to drive straight back to jax. When I needed gas & stopped my gas flap would not open-was locked. The car started acting a little funny once the hard top was put on; like the key remote would not unlock or lock the car. Kept driving until I was almost out of gas and pulled into a station in Darien GA and tried everything I could think of short of a crowbar to open the flap but could not figure it out so I got a room. Went to the one restaurant I had enough gas to get to and got invited to the high school football game which I was told was about the only thing to do in Darien, but I passed. Called the Porsche dealer this a.m. and now know about the wire to pull.

I hope the key thing is just a dead battery in the key.

I really like the top, much less noise, more head room, and you feel better about leaving your car in an Atlanta parking garage over night with a hard top on it
Old 09-18-2010 | 04:53 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Just pull the cable, and it'll manually unlock the gas door, all set!

As for the key, does the light still come on/blink at the regular rate when you press a button?
Old 09-18-2010 | 04:56 PM
stuckinkuwait
Advanced

Pull the cable on the inside of the passenger door next to the door hinge. This situation also happened to me when I was at a gas station. It was a little embarrassing.
Old 09-18-2010 | 09:31 PM
johonole
Instructor

My key blinks once now when I push it. I never checked it before. I guess I will go look for a battery at one of the pep/zone/adv's. in the a.m.
Old 09-18-2010 | 09:48 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by johonole
My key blinks once now when I push it. I never checked it before. I guess I will go look for a battery at one of the pep/zone/adv's. in the a.m.
It's a 3V 2032. Walmart and Radio Shack carry them.
Old 09-18-2010 | 09:57 PM
Thundertub
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

The batteries are also available at CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, BestBuy,...
and actually may be harder to find (and more expensive) in the other places you named.
Old 09-18-2010 | 10:02 PM
johonole
Instructor

CVS it is- close by and a gift card. So 3V 2032, thanks.

Quick Reply: Stuck in Darien GA...