Sponsored by:

Key/seat memory WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Geowar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Key/seat memory WTF!

Jesus, what is with the damn key remote lock button and seat memory? What others said in older posts, I unlock the car with the key and the damn seat drops, moves aft, reclines and lumbar expands. I've searched here and tried everything I read to no avail. Christ, even P dealers can't solve the issue. Never had this issue with My M3 or for that matter my Ford F-150!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:55 AM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

It sounds like the seat memory needs to be reset. It is going into a set point when you open the door.
Just go reset all 3 set memory points and see what happens.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:23 PM
sbpsu354
Racer

I had the same issue with my 03 996, and was never able to solve it. Sorry
Old 09-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Airrik
Racer

I solved the same problem you had I just used the other remote key the car came with and then programmed all 3 seat settings stored into memory points with new positions, case solved. Double check your work by pushing the memory buttons and see if they go where you last stored them.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:02 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The seat memory associated with each key DOES NOT EQUATE to any of the memory buttons, completely different codeset. You need to follow the procedure to set the key's seat memory position.

Oh, I use the last/highest memory button to duplicate my key memory position but with the outside mirrors tilted down ~5 degrees for night driving. The dark tinting of the rear window reduced the sensitivity of the non-glare mirror capability plus I wanted convex mirror on both sides.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Awesomo996
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a service bulletin about this. Apparently there are two locations in the computer where the key fob codes are stored and it is possible for the codes to be programmed in the wrong place.

i.e.: Key Fob #1 code mistakenly stored in Fob #2's location.

That is what has happened to my car. To fix the issue you have to go to the dealer and pay them for about an hour of labor to re-program the computer.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:42 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Awesomo996
There is a service bulletin about this. Apparently there are two locations in the computer where the key fob codes are stored and it is possible for the codes to be programmed in the wrong place.

i.e.: Key Fob #1 code mistakenly stored in Fob #2's location.

That is what has happened to my car. To fix the issue you have to go to the dealer and pay them for about an hour of labor to re-program the computer.
+1 for this. I had to have the dealer erase all keys and start a fresh. You will need the little bar code key tags. Otherwise I don't think it can be done.

Quick Reply: Key/seat memory WTF!