Sponsored by:

LED tail lights from Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 01:03 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

ok I managed to debug my fuse problem.

At first I was quick to blame it to a faulty unit but after testing different configuration I realized that the unit was working, so I removed the left tail light, mind you only the right fuse was blowing up.

And then I realized that yet again, one of the little tongue within the wiring harness socket had broken and was creating a short ! man those things are really fragile. "lucky" for me it's only the rear fog light, which is useless to me.

I'll fix it later as I have another wiring harness, the one I broke a socket on last time I tried to install the led lights !

Anyways, all is good, everything works and look great.

Now two questions to you out there:

1- are both of your tail light 'rear/white' bulb light up when you put reverse ?
2- are both of your tail light 'fog light' light up when you pull the light switch 2 notch ?

For me even before the install I only had the rear right 'white bulb' working and only the rear left 'fog light' working. but while I am on the issue, I want to make sure I got it all working as ti should.

Picture 1: broken tongue in the fogl light socket that was causing the short
Picture 2: only one tail light have the rear coming on, even though I have a 'rear bulb' on each side.
Attached Images   
Old 12-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 161 Posts

Phil, you know not to plug in the little corner lights right? the ones with a flat bulb..just dont plug them, shove them back into the LED thing without plugging them..if you do the fuse will blow
Old 12-09-2010, 01:59 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Hum... I did plug those and they work just fine on my car. did you have any problem with those ?

You might want to check the rest of your bulbs for a short somewhere because for me they didn't cause any problem.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:50 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by philooo
Hum... I did plug those and they work just fine on my car. did you have any problem with those ?

You might want to check the rest of your bulbs for a short somewhere because for me they didn't cause any problem.
no i never plugged them in, people told me not to plug them in, so i never had issues- you dont need to plug them in! they are what blows the fuses
Old 12-09-2010, 03:45 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

argh you should give it a try at best you blow a fuse as they work just fine on my setup

did you had to dremel a little bit the anchor points ? or yours were plug and play ?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:36 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Damn.... These would sell like hot cakes if the manufacturer would just make this a truly plug and play..... The reviews would be great and the demand would increase. Really to bad...
Old 12-09-2010, 07:17 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

I see some other manufacturer names... I just wonder if they are coming from a different factory or not...
Old 12-09-2010, 07:34 PM
bkjwhipple
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
Damn.... These would sell like hot cakes if the manufacturer would just make this a truly plug and play..... The reviews would be great and the demand would increase. Really to bad...

I agree,
I really like the look, but everything about the product, from the shipping to the quality/ fitment/ design of the product seems to be bad. So, I will not be buying a set.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:08 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

I thought it was over but noooo....

So I made all my testing by turning ON and OFF the light switch and all was fine..

But now that I test it with the ignition key in and ready to start (or if the engine is running), my third stop light is turning on ....

Note1: that I have a LED third brake light kit installed, so I wonder if that picks up some low power that is usually in the system but not enough to lit up the blb version or... if I have another short somewhere

Note2: the picture is taken with the lgiht switch on, and the key in the on position. But I do NOT have my foot on the brake pedal.. I am taking the picture

Arghhh

help
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: LED tail lights from Amazon