996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Boston area Durametric - can I use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Mabuhay
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Boston area Durametric - can I use?

Does someone who lives in the Boston area have a Durametric tool I can use so that I can turn off the "Service" light off? It's so annoying that for 2005/2006 models, Porsche makes you go to the dealership to get this damn thing reset. Dealers are wanting 1 hr labor to do this! I say, "What? I can't even do my own oil change?"

I can drive to your location with my car....

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:35 PM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mabuhay
Does someone who lives in the Boston area have a Durametric tool I can use so that I can turn off the "Service" light off? It's so annoying that for 2005/2006 models, Porsche makes you go to the dealership to get this damn thing reset. Dealers are wanting 1 hr labor to do this! I say, "What? I can't even do my own oil change?"

Thanks in advance!

the "enthusiasts" durametric product only allows the setup to clear codes for 3 vin #s. After 3 vehicles have used it, you have to send it back to durametric and pay for additional usage.

So, if someone hooks up there durametric to your car, they are losing one of there vin# spots that they paid for. hence the price of the durametric.

Might be time to buy your own or pay the piper(dealer)
Old 08-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 118 Posts

I don't have a durametric, but my scantool can clear the basic codes if you need to use it. I live in Fenway. http://www.autoenginuity.com/
Old 08-27-2010, 08:24 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mabuhay

Thanks in advance!
Service light for oil? I never heard of that. I'm not as familiar with the 997 and the 996 so I am guessing the "service" light isn't the same as the one the scan tools clear (i.e., CEL).

Can you post a pic of what you are talking about?
Old 08-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 118 Posts

Oh, good point. I didn't notice that it was a "service" light. My 996 doesn't have that.

S.

Quick Reply: Boston area Durametric - can I use?