Sponsored by:

Sold the 996. Now what do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn
Hi Steve - looks like I'll be flying into Boston Friday next week and driving through your fair state of Maine the same day. Crossing over at Houlton into New Brunswick which does take me through Kittery from Boston.

You'll be driving North on rte. 95 then...I'll keep my eyes peeled for a red BMW flas next Fri. Best of luck, enjoy your new ride.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Glenn,
Wasn't aware that you're a Rennlister too .... and (pleasantly) surprised when you turned up for our PCA run today in that striking M5!!
Apologies if my 30 year old slug of a 928 slowed you down anywhere ... but if so, I'll swap for the C4S next time with a guarantee that will not be an issue . Impressive closing speeds from that M5 when you choose to snuggle up a bit

BTW, when I signaled left, departing the train near the end, it was to drop Donna off so she could feed the horses .... I zipped on to the restaurant hoping to rejoin the group - only to find myself alone: spoke to Rick later, determining that he added an impromptu 10 Km loop that had everyone arriving there a half hour after I had left.

Anyway, bring that M5 back for the next run.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:03 AM
itsphoenix
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by losdeanos
The C63 AMG's are nice.
I agree.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Glenn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Garth - had fun yesterday too. You didn't slow me up at all. The M5 is a complicated beast to drive - I need more seat time to get the feel of it- any time you're in Northern NS let me know. glennanddenise@hotmail (dot) com

Would love to see the C4S too. The 993 is on my pcar wish list. Thanks again - Glenn
Originally Posted by Garth S
Hey Glenn,
Wasn't aware that you're a Rennlister too .... and (pleasantly) surprised when you turned up for our PCA run today in that striking M5!!
Apologies if my 30 year old slug of a 928 slowed you down anywhere ... but if so, I'll swap for the C4S next time with a guarantee that will not be an issue . Impressive closing speeds from that M5 when you choose to snuggle up a bit

BTW, when I signaled left, departing the train near the end, it was to drop Donna off so she could feed the horses .... I zipped on to the restaurant hoping to rejoin the group - only to find myself alone: spoke to Rick later, determining that he added an impromptu 10 Km loop that had everyone arriving there a half hour after I had left.

Anyway, bring that M5 back for the next run.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn

Would love to see the C4S too. The 993 is on my pcar wish list. Thanks again - Glenn
Perhaps you already have: I organized & led the 'Valley Run' in a midnight blue C4S this past spring .... recall a silver 996 being 2-3 cars back, thought it was you. If you have vivid memories of the decreasing radius curves on the segment named Deep Hollow Rd .. that would be confirmation.

Quick Reply: Sold the 996. Now what do I do?