Sponsored by:

Tiptronic ATF fill hose needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:43 AM
johonole
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiptronic ATF fill hose needed

Anyone have a tiptronic ATF fill hose that is needed for the 2002 and newer Mercedes Benz tip that they would like to sell or rent?

If you know of a vendor that might have one that would be helpful also, I have tried Brumos, Sunset, Suncoast, Pelican, Porsche of Orlando & ATL warehouse.

My one time daily driver is on jack stands waiting on ATF.

Other solutions are welcomed at this point!

Thanks- John

Last edited by johonole; 08-04-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-04-2010, 09:18 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Have one - PM me.

EDIT: just noticed you are in FL. I am in NY so borrowing it might be difficult...
Old 08-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Go to a local auto parts store and buy a gear oil hand pump (they are usually right next to the gear oils). They usually are a clear hose with a barbed plastic end on it. It will also have a cap to screw to the gear oil bottle or your tranny fluid bottle.

You can use this but it will be a 2 man operation because one will pump the fluid from the bottle and the other has to keep the end going into the pan from leaking.

Hope this might help.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:11 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

on an mkII the fill hole is needs A fitting to be screwed on or it wont work...
Old 08-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Originally Posted by PasPar2
on an mkII the fill hole is needs A fitting to be screwed on or it wont work...
Nah, just use something to make a gasket. I used a grommet and took off one side of the "flange". The other side butts up against the tip of the gear oil pump hose and the middle goes inside the plug boss making a seal.

Shadetree....I know, but I did it 4 times. Twice on the 996 and twice on an Audi A6.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:54 PM
johonole
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. I found a barbed fitting in the garage that just happens to fit the fill plug fitting so I'm in business- I think.

I read some where that you fill the mercedes tip from the bottom hole, and there is a valve on the fill hole that prevents the fluid from leaking out. The fill hose fitting opens the valve when you screw it in to allow fluid to enter the pan.

It would be handy, but my car does not have it.. So I hope I am working with the right hole for once. There is another hole on the sloped side of the pan that is higher up, which it is my understanding that is the drip hole. The one that you stop pumping fluid when you see drips coming out of.

Right?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Tippy
Race Car

I think PasPar2 may be right. If you cannot push the fluid in due to a valve, my method isn't going to work.

I thought he was speaking of fluid leaking out which can be done by making a temporary gasket.

If it has a valve behind the plug, gonna have to make some other make shift pieces to open the valve or get the right adapter. I always prefer making my own.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:28 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

John, yes. fill it till the hole on the sloped side trickles fluid and the fluid is around 40c. I used a thermometer gun aimed at the pan. It took a while for the ATF to get up there just be patient... once its at the right temp just close both valves. it wont drip from the fill hole unless you turn off the car - so dont do that

I used the fuchs fluid that is also used on benzes... (3533?)

Quick Reply: Tiptronic ATF fill hose needed