Sponsored by:

OFF TOPIC!! Does anyone know a good lawyer in the Hickory, NC area

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:06 PM
desidon
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default OFF TOPIC!! Does anyone know a good lawyer in the Hickory, NC area

Sorry for the super off topic post but wanted to reach out to the rennlist community before I call some random lawyer.
Got zapped for 85 on a 65 in the escalade. Looking for a good lawyer in the Hickory NC area.
Would love to have an "improper equipment" plead down :-)

Manil
Old 07-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

You only get help if you were driving your P-Car. Good Luck though!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:27 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

A V1 would have been cheaper
Old 07-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Topaz330ci
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Manil,

Do you have any pics of the P car? It looks really slick!!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:46 PM
ohdavey6286
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about a friend that owns a shop test and adjust your speedometer because it was off....
Old 07-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

There's a couple of great lawyers I can recommend, but they're in Wake/Durham area, not sure if they'd take a case in hickory, can probably do a search online for one. Also, calling the DA ahead of your scheduled court date may be helpful, often times the DA can reduce the violation as much as a lawyer will (but sometimes not).
Old 07-08-2010, 02:17 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

No suggestion for Hickory, but I do have a bit of experience in NC traffic violations

At that speed you are probably going to need an attorney to get it reduced to either improper equipment or a prayer-for-judgement. These have been cut back in NC after a series of newspaper articles a few years back showed way too many tickets getting written down, but you can still get it done. Find a lawyer who has been in Hickory for a while, this sort of decision often comes down more to relationships within the courthouse than actual right/wrong.

It is going to cost you - but it will be worth it. Good luck.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by rpm's S2
No suggestion for Hickory, but I do have a bit of experience in NC traffic violations

At that speed you are probably going to need an attorney to get it reduced to either improper equipment or a prayer-for-judgement. These have been cut back in NC after a series of newspaper articles a few years back showed way too many tickets getting written down, but you can still get it done. Find a lawyer who has been in Hickory for a while, this sort of decision often comes down more to relationships within the courthouse than actual right/wrong.

It is going to cost you - but it will be worth it. Good luck.
Agree with your advice.

I always seek out an attorney that specializes in traffic tickets (serious ones like DUIs mainly though I've never had one) cause these attorneys have the best knowledge of the traffic court system in the area.

Find an attorney that has office as close to the court where the ticket will be dealt with.

I don't mind paying money to an attorney to get a bogus ticket reduced or dismssed. Keeps my driving record clean and this important to keep insurance premiums down and to make it easier to get a ticket dismissed. If you have points on your record there's slim chance a dismissal will be done. You're looked upon as a repeat offender.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:03 PM
desidon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Topaz330ci
Hey Manil,

Do you have any pics of the P car? It looks really slick!!
Fyi...I have taken the bling wheels off and am back to stock. Will send you pre and post pics.

-Manil
Old 07-09-2010, 03:04 PM
desidon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macster
Agree with your advice.

I always seek out an attorney that specializes in traffic tickets (serious ones like DUIs mainly though I've never had one) cause these attorneys have the best knowledge of the traffic court system in the area.

Find an attorney that has office as close to the court where the ticket will be dealt with.

I don't mind paying money to an attorney to get a bogus ticket reduced or dismssed. Keeps my driving record clean and this important to keep insurance premiums down and to make it easier to get a ticket dismissed. If you have points on your record there's slim chance a dismissal will be done. You're looked upon as a repeat offender.

Sincerely,

Macster.
I am down with the lawyer route and always get one. I found a guy in Hickory who is willing to take my cause up to the DA.

Thx for your advice.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Sorry to hear about the ticket - I hope you manage to get it reduced... here I was thinking how few police I had seen since I arrived in the area... I guess there are still enough to give out a few tickets.

Quick Reply: OFF TOPIC!! Does anyone know a good lawyer in the Hickory, NC area