Sponsored by:

(PICS) Dr. Colorchip and Griot's random orbital polisher results

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:40 AM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fpena944
Wow how did you polish the car in just an hour? I have the orbital buffer but even with that it takes a while. I think 4 hours for total detail is about average. I've been wanting to do mine but as you mentioned, getting the time to do it is a challenge.

Ok here's the breakdown:

1. ONR (optimum no rinse) - 15 mins (I never let the car go longer than one week between ONR washes - so it makes cleaning a breeze)
2. Random Orbital with One Step polish/sealant - 45 - 60 mins. (depending if I find something I need to fuss over)

Notice I skipped claying - I only clay ONCE a year...

Now a FULL detail that includes the interior with lexol leather conditioner, vacuum, nooks and crannies - add another 2 hours
Old 06-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Andy Kay
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why clay only once a year? If you One Step anytime before your annual clay, I think you're sealing in road grime! My $.02
Old 06-22-2010, 12:34 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 79 Euro
Why clay only once a year? If you One Step anytime before your annual clay, I think you're sealing in road grime! My $.02
because I have no time to do anything else... But again not a concourse car - a daily driver for me. And to my casual observation eyes, car looks good enough for me

Quick Reply: (PICS) Dr. Colorchip and Griot's random orbital polisher results