Sponsored by:

The Dogs of 911's

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Dogs of 911's

Mans best friend enjoys riding in the 911's too. I'd like to see some getting ready for a crusie and during a crusie with the dogs. I really miss my old dogs. I imagine some of you might understand what its like not having a good old friend anymore. The Black Lab Vader and Golden Retriever Misty are dearly missed here. I really wish I could have them aain to take them for rides and take more pictures.

Safety tips are thick towels on seats if the dogs nails aren't worn down from walks. Maybe even sun glasses for the dog.

Yah well maybe I'm just missing my dogs really bad. This darn dog show on TV got me started. Seriously though its best to enjoy times with the dog and have pictures for later. Its real bad later on missing the dogs.

Anyway not knowing how to make guys feel guilty if they don't post their dogs out for a cruise.....just do it and your best friend will be happy. I think I better go shop for another Black Lab.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Steve2112
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was expecting something relating to the cars of the 60's & 70's with low horsepower :-)

I hear ya - dogs & cats can become part of the family and it's very sad to lose them.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,324 Likes on 492 Posts

Dogs are great....make the move to get another, it wont replace your past dogs or memories with them, but a new dog can bring new memories into your life. My chihuahua likes to ride in the Porsche...kinda makes me look a little silly but...oh well. Id take my fox terrier but shes wayyyy to nutty to sit still.

Me and my wife dont have kids yet but having the dogs in the house fill a small portion of that void, we are working on kids though, but mother nature isnt exactly cooperating on her part, as of yet.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:37 PM
eggodynamics
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing with nails riding in my 911 is 5'8", 115lbs, and preferebly brunette.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:13 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Pic of my crack Security Team from a few years back. The black one has since passed away.
Attached Images  
Old 05-29-2010, 10:18 PM
3dogbrew
Track Day

As one of the few (if not only) listers with "dog" in his membership name I've gotta chime in here.

Pac996, if you are missing your dogs, you know that there's a dog at the local shelter or rescue that is just waiting for someone like you to completely change their life. Do it for you, do it for them, it'll change your life too.

I practice what I preach. http://www.3dogbrew.com/3db/about.htm I have 3 rescue dogs and 1 'store-bought' dog. I also recommend the Duragear seat covers (my pickup has leather too!) available at Petsmart or other Pet locations for the "petseat". I used the towel method mentioned above for a while but this works for dogs and kids and stays in place!

Just got this one back from the shop.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Pac996
Drifting

The black lab was a pig hunters dog that climbed out of the valley and liked to hang out here on the ridge. She was an excellent guard dog with only flashes of white teeth dancing around and a fearful bark at night. She would even talk. The golden retriever was a neighbors show dog gone bad with pideon toes. Cute little girl I trained to bark. She passed away in her sleep right before leaving for more than a year. Maybe I'll hit the neighbor up for a throw away dog again. They offered us another dog after Misty passed but it just wasn't the right time.

The neighbor girls used to chase their hot dog around the neighborhood when it wanted to play hide and seek. Sneaky dogs. Went outside one time because of all sorts of screaming and here was the dog playing buzz them back and forth even sprinting between their legs as they jumped all around trying to catch the little sneaker.

Anyway I just wanted to see if guys take their dogs for cruises and try to motivate guys to do so. I know I wish I had pictures that would of survived the computer changes and crashings. Oh well, give 'em all the love you can while they are with you.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,324 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by eggodynamics
The only thing with nails riding in my 911 is 5'8", 115lbs, and preferebly brunette.
Thats a big dog!!!

I picked up one dog from a store....it was pretty much a rescue, poor thing was in a small cubicle, pooping on herself. The other one was from a litter from my wifes friend.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:45 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Here's a guy selling dog seats with a dog that cost more to feed than the babe on the site.
http://www.kristopherdukes.com/2010/...g-car-seat/nl/

This one if from a top gear show from what the images name showed after a google search.

My kind of dog drives a porsche
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2010, 02:20 AM
BlackAddr
Advanced

Pac996, I understand how you feel. Losing a loved one is always difficult. I lost two in three years, the second one used to love to ride in my BMW X5, especially when he was in Chemo, I would turn the heat seat on, and he would sit there and rest his Chin on the dashboard. I'll never forget that, or some of the looks I would get from people as they would pull up next to us on the Freeway! He would just slowly turn to look at them, and then rest his Chin back on the dash looking for? Who knows what, maybe he just thought that was what I was doing, so he would to? He was a Great guy too! 90 lbs, Pitbull and Lab Mix, (A perfect mix in my opinion, very sweet and he never had to show his teeth, he was just big,). We used to call him the Mayor, as he would great people and then acknowledge their Dogs at the Dog Park....

But as 3Dogbrew says, Rescue is always a good way to go. It doesn't make it easier, but it helps you remember the good time, and you see how much personality they really have...

Your Post reminds me how much I enjoyed our rides, he was a Great Dog!
Old 05-30-2010, 02:58 AM
emdog
Instructor

Haha. I had my saint Bernard in mine today.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:47 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Yah BlackAddr dogs are the best and it's hard picking up another.

ST Bernards are great dogs. A dog named Queenie I took care of for a while showed just how good they are at taking a guy down when another friend tried scaring her out of the way in a hallway when she was sleeping. They're big dogs and he had teeth marks more than half way around his waist. Wish I could of seen the take down. Dog just knocked him down and walked away. Real loving dogs.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:53 PM
lvandermerwe
Advanced

Talking

I agree that we must be responsible pet owners and am delighted to detect that sentiment among P owners. I include cats in that list. Smokey left us two years ago and Limit (she thought she was a dog) left us two months ago. We miss them. Boy and Lady (real dogs), went on before. They both loved riding with rear windows down.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:11 PM
tgt40
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your losses but as you know, the memories remain fond! Here are my two and yeah, I'm just getting up the courage to get them in the back seat with the top down!!

Old 05-31-2010, 10:17 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Anyone read "Racing in the Rain"? Enjoyable for dog lovers, and some German car (BMW) content, too.

Quick Reply: The Dogs of 911's