Sponsored by:

Caliper Picture Request

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

IMHO, you will have to repaint. Flaking off the clearcoat and respraying will look like crap. You will need to clean the calipers, repaint, apply the decal, and clearcoat.

You can find the paint kits at auto stores or on-line, as well as the high temp clear coat. I bought the rub off decals at (xenonmods)?. I bought slightly larger than stock decals, cuz I think it looks better, well, that and the fact I have to compensate for my shortcomings.

This was the first mod I did, and it is very easy. Plan on some time to put on multiple coats of paint. Have fun! (Oh, and red makes it go faster.)
Old 05-26-2010, 05:21 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same issue with the flaking, I did not strip completely, just removed the flaking portions, sanded down the edges and roughed up the remaining clear, degreased, and painted with G2 caliper kit (epoxy based paint, brush on, self leveling, very impressive results, no mess). Then decal, then I used several thin coats of a high temp engine clear (VHT brand). smooth, level look. When you paint on the car, you may become obsessive compulsive. remind yourself that you cannot see the whole caliper once the wheel is on, and don't go crazy trying for 100% coverage.

if you pull them off the car, hit em with a grinder and strip everything.

As to color, Brembo calipers are available in silver, black and yellow, however they are classically red, and as has been mentioned red matches the taillights of standard cars very well. My vote is go red or go body color
Old 05-26-2010, 09:21 PM
C4SnNJ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Here's another set of reds

Gotta like the classic red

Last edited by C4SnNJ; 09-17-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:16 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Those are not on my car, but I think the 'anodised/chrome' color are pretty cool.

anyone did that one ? I assume you have to remove the caliper fully to go into a chrome bath or something..
Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2010, 11:51 PM
RPMulli
Banned

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

haha they look unique thats for sure.

Quick Reply: Caliper Picture Request