Sponsored by:

my new c2 - suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:45 AM
The Radium King
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Default my new c2 - suspension question

hello! i am about to become a member of the club - in the process of pulling the trigger on a '99 c2.

i intend to use it as a daily driver, having recently moved to a new job that requires an early morning, 30 km commute on a SERIOUSLY twisty, relatively rough and patchy, country road.

the car has stock suspension. what is the best compromise in suspension that will track well through corners at speed with minimal body roll, while not chattering me off the road with stiffness? i would rather not lower the car, as there are lots of steep driveways, etc., in my neck of the woods.

i've searched the forums, but most suspension-related posts are for autocross/track situations and lowered cars; i'm looking for a real-world solution to a fast car trying to coexist with an underfunded department of transportation that can neither fix roads (boo) nor straighten them (yay).

thanks for any help! trk.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Porsche has a US M030 and a ROW M030. The ROW lowers your car a little, the US (which I have) does not lower your Porsche. Compared to stock both are an improvement regarding handling etc. If I were to do it again, I would opt for the ROW. Welcome to the forum, no doubt lots of others will chime in with their thoughts.GL.

Quick Reply: my new c2 - suspension question