Sponsored by:

Sport Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:06 AM
SilverC2S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Exhaust Question

I just purchased my 2002 C4S with 39,000 miles in February and it has the PSE feature. Yesterday morning, I got into the car, started the engine and the PSE light was on (meaning sport exhaust is turned OFF). This light is never on when I start the engine. I didn't have it on when I last turned off the car either. When I tried to turn it off, it wouldn't turn off. I pushed the button several times and drove the car for about a minute, pulled over and shut off the engine. When I restarted the car, the light was on again. This time I was able to turn it off and the car got louder.

I have read that the PSE system works on a vacuum system. Is it possible the valves were sticking or the vacuum system is failing?

One other thing I should mention, the previous owner had the catalytic converters replaced at 32,000 miles becuase they failed. He said Porsche replaced them under warranty. Maybe the mechanic that replaced the cats didn't hook something up properly???

Anyone else experience this issue before?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:56 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

sounds like an electrical issue located at the PB area.... pull the PB out and and wiggle the wires or look for a short in the wires....
Old 03-22-2010, 06:11 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree with Ferd (redridge) that it sounds like an electrical issue. If the vacuum line(s) had come loose the light in the PSE button would not be illuminated. You may also want to check for loose PSE wires in the engine compartment.

Quick Reply: Sport Exhaust Question