Sponsored by:

New Fabspeed CAI Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Hapich
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Fabspeed CAI Update

Questions I have been asked: How does it sound? Does it give you better throttle response? Does it give you more power?
I would love to answer these questions. The problem is I couldn't get the thing on. "Why Hapich?" The geometry of the supports are wrong. The MAF does not line up with the holes in the intake tube, and I didn't have it the wrong way! The intake tube ,when fit to the throttle body, makes it impossible to connect the oil fill tube and the support strut. The fan assembly hits the oil fill cap when you try to close the lid. Other than that it's a great product.
I have to say that the bracket to recess the air pump worked great and was well thought out. The heat shield fit well, I had to modify the support truss a little, and it had a perfect reveal for the hoses and wires.
Tomorrow I will call Fabspeed and see what they can do for me. I would love to try one that fits. I will let you guys know how that conversation goes. The fact is it wasn't even close to fitting right. I hope they do the right thing.
Now I will eat crow. Commence.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts

I have to think you've got the wrong version somehow...but that may be wishful thinking since I've got one sitting in a box in my living room waiting for time to install it.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Hapich
Racer

Originally Posted by Ubermensch
I have to think you've got the wrong version somehow...but that may be wishful thinking since I've got one sitting in a box in my living room waiting for time to install it.
I am thinking the same thing. Mine was sitting in my living room too, for a few weeks. Try the MAF into the intake tube first before wasting your time. You need a tamper resistant Torx bit, T20, to get the oem screws out. That would be an easy way to find out before you waste your time.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts

Thanks, I'll do that first.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Hapich
Racer

I talked to Joe at Fabspeed and I am sending it back for them to try it out and see what the issues are and resolve them. He was very professional about it and that makes me feel better about the situation.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Psycho Sid
Pro

Originally Posted by Hapich
I talked to Joe at Fabspeed and I am sending it back for them to try it out and see what the issues are and resolve them. He was very professional about it and that makes me feel better about the situation.
Yeeezzzzz that sucks dude!
I wish it would've worked out better for ya!

listen nothing a few beers and strippers won't fix.... really they are very good at these types of mechanical problems!

Yup in my experience if you see the words "bolt on" bring the welder and and all your tools out!

Good luck hapich!

Ps. I'm not my usual snappy self.. cause im in a fog off vicoden etc. I got my finger caught in a door and then pulled it right off!

Got sewed back on but hurts like sh#t.

Cheers,

Sid.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Hapich
Racer

Wow Sid!! Your finger got ripped off? WTF!!?? Sorry bro.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:01 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

Ouch, Sid!!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:26 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmm, that's odd.

My EVOMS intake went in fine, the first time....
Old 03-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Psycho Sid
Pro

Yeah I couldn't believe it myself, my finger looked like a ham on the bone, very sureal... and then I see the other half (nail attached and all) on the floor!

So word of advice... if (in your trial and tribulations with the cold air intake project) you happen go get your finger stuck in something (a door, deck lid, stripper...) make sure you don't give into the reflex to pull it out BEFORE you get it unstuck...'cause just like in the movies, you'll pull it right off!

Anyway now i can experience RL from a whole new level... drug induced techno colour....whoooooooh you guys are looking good, ooooooooooohhhhh shineyyyyyyyyyyyy anyone ever wonder what silence looks like?

And if a a doctor ever prescribes you something called Talwin... you better hold on to your seat 'cause Kansas is about to go bye bye, instead stick with ratio-oxycocet but only take 1 at a same time, if you take 2...your heart will stop!! it's true I did it earlier hahahahahha, whoeeeeewe that's funny... well sort off, Ok not really..

I'm going to pass out now... OK Hapich fix that damn intake and you guys out there somebody give 'm a hand we're all dying to know if magic really does exist or at least what it sounds like...

Cheers,

Sid.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Hapich
Racer

Originally Posted by medtech
Hmmm, that's odd.

My EVOMS intake went in fine, the first time....
You suck
Old 03-11-2010, 06:44 PM
falcon7x7
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Yeeezzzzz that sucks dude!
I wish it would've worked out better for ya!

listen nothing a few beers and strippers won't fix.... really they are very good at these types of mechanical problems!

Yup in my experience if you see the words "bolt on" bring the welder and and all your tools out!

Good luck hapich!

Ps. I'm not my usual snappy self.. cause im in a fog off vicoden etc. I got my finger caught in a door and then pulled it right off!

Got sewed back on but hurts like sh#t.

Cheers,

Sid.
Meet ya at the "PINK PALACE" at the airport

On second thought you better not drive!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Psycho Sid
Pro

Originally Posted by falcon7x7
Meet ya at the "PINK PALACE" at the airport

On second thought you better not drive!
i'm so high right now i'm already flying...yeeehhhhhh whopeeeeeeee look ma, no hands!
hey hapich how's it coming?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:15 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Sid, your description of your finger made all of my fingers hurt.... OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Hapich
Racer

Factory air box back on and Fabspeed in the back of a Fed Ex truck.
I am jealous of the good meds Sid!! Get well soon and don't get strung out!!

Quick Reply: New Fabspeed CAI Update