Sponsored by:

Tinted Windows

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 08:34 PM
BlackAddr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinted Windows

Has anyone here on the board had any issues with tinted windows and the Police?

I just had mine done (Will post pics later), however, it appears that there is a Law in Mi. that the Drivers and Passenger side windows are not supposed to be tinted? So hopefully, I will not have any issues? (I did happen to drive past four Police cars today and nothing happened….yet?)

I have the Windows done on my Land Rover, and I haven't had an issue, yet….But I bought that truck from a guy in S.C. But since this is not just a Michigan Law, I am curious to know if anyone else in any of the other States has had an issue with Tinted Windows and the Police? If so, would you share some details?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:19 PM
4Scargo
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 58 Posts

I bought an Arizona P car with tinted windows. I lived in Iowa and was stopped my two, yes two, IHP officers on a Sunday morning for it. Gawd! BTW, most states adopted a New Jersey code on highway stuff and it was in the bowels of that bill. Iowa then gave all the IHP's a "tint detector" This was 15 years ago. I wouldn't risk tinted windows in this economic climate myself.

Hands in the 10 & 2 position, mirrors properly adjusted, seat belt, radio on at a low volume, blinkers at every opportunity, a friendly smile and a happy toot on the horn before exiting my drive

Quick Reply: Tinted Windows