996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

My new lift (Nussbaum Sprinter Mobil II)...added more photos

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Geeforce
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like a good lift. Is it the short rise version on their site? Also, I just realized that you cant raise the car without the wheels attached, right? What if you want to do a suspension swap?

Originally Posted by budmanv24
That thing looks pretty well built, but scissor lifts always scared me. There's so many of them out of china that are downright dangerous. I went a much simpler route and got a Kwik Lift from www.kwiklift.com . I feel much safer under it. Next house will have a 2 post lift, but that's another story.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Geeforce
That looks like a good lift. Is it the short rise version on their site? Also, I just realized that you cant raise the car without the wheels attached, right? What if you want to do a suspension swap?
Please see post #37.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Luxter
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Smile Lifting data

The "net" lifting height is, according to available to me literature 880mm. That is 982mm overall height extended less 102mm ramp height. Imperial minds need to convert to inches. So, it qualifies as short rise for sure.
As to rising the car with or without wheels attached, you have to drive in on the lift first (with your wheels attached, preferably), support your car (stock lifting points) using four urethane blocks, rise your car and then remove wheels, suspension or whatever else your soul desire.
Google Nussbaum sprinter in PDF format and you will see more pics and dimensional info.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Luxter
Pro

Wink The Sprinter just arrived in my garage!

So, it finally arrived in my garage last Friday. Took me a day to unpack, and set it up. I did it all by myself, however I would not recommend it unless you are like I and willing to use a long bar, floor jack and a number of other tools including hammers and stuff...
You will need 8 liters of hydraulic fluid and a 240 V 6-20 wiring and a 6-20 plug since the cable on Nussbaum lift comes without any plug. Just bare wires. Post #44 is not entirely accurate, you will need just over 2 gallons of hydraulic fluid. I used just over 8 liters to be just under max. mark on the dipstick.
First impressions: I was hoping to be able to lift my car(s) a bit higher. Well, other than that it's quiet, smooth and nicely finished. The manual is in German, but you don't really need much. All straight forward. Fill fluid tank, attach power plug and enjoy.
Overall, quite happy.
Cheers,
L
Old 02-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Luxter
So, it finally arrived in my garage last Friday. Took me a day to unpack, and set it up. I did it all by myself, however I would not recommend it unless you are like I and willing to use a long bar, floor jack and a number of other tools including hammers and stuff...
You will need 8 liters of hydraulic fluid and a 240 V 6-20 wiring and a 6-20 plug since the cable on Nussbaum lift comes without any plug. Just bare wires. Post #44 is not entirely accurate, you will need just over 2 gallons of hydraulic fluid. I used just over 8 liters to be just under max. mark on the dipstick.
First impressions: I was hoping to be able to lift my car(s) a bit higher. Well, other than that it's quiet, smooth and nicely finished. The manual is in German, but you don't really need much. All straight forward. Fill fluid tank, attach power plug and enjoy.
Overall, quite happy.
Cheers,
L
Congrats! Pics or it never happened
Old 05-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Luxter
Pro

Here we go...
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks nice but please be careful. Hydraulic lifts are not considered a static load. Double check your fittings before climbing under.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Luxter
Here we go...
Nice car and lift! Looks like you still have 1 inch of roof clearance
Just be careful not to get the road salt on the lift...too nice to be ruined.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Eharrison
Looks nice but please be careful. Hydraulic lifts are not considered a static load. Double check your fittings before climbing under.
Very good point.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

How does the lift work with your X74?
Old 05-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
How does the lift work with your X74?
Hi Pete,

I need to use some 2x10 to extend and raise the ramps a bit after the x74 but it all works out very well (see pic in post #35). With x74 on the lift, the wheels are no longer dangling so they just suspend nicely once lifted whereas with stock suspension, the wheels will dangle and rest on the front extended ramp.

Quick Reply: My new lift (Nussbaum Sprinter Mobil II)...added more photos