Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Fun new plate. Anyone running Euro and States plates?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 06:27 PM
peavynation
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thx1138jtx2
It is the white plate left of the Hot Rod picutre. Has 2 Japanese, actually Chinese symbols, the second one means Horse, can't see the first one clearly.
Right on! Thx! All this time, and I never asked Mako what any of the symbols actually mean.

Originally Posted by ivangene
cool office Peavy

I have a real problem with one thing though.... why is that electrical outlet uncovered
Thx Ed!
Lol about the outlet! I like to live dangerously. Actually, whenever one of the software engineers come into my office, I have to plug up that outlet and tie the cupboard doors shut with baby proof locks too.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peavynation
A friend just got me a plate shipped in from Hamburg. Looks good, but in CA you have to run a front plate to be legal. I already have a yellow Porsche, so I don't need another reason for a cop to pull me over.

I was wondering how to put the CA plate under this one without it looking retarded. That might not be possible. Maybe I'll just run this one and hope for no fuzz action. But I guess a fix-it ticket is worst they can do, right?

Any thoughts?
Hey Peavy, I like the plate because it's a real German plate and not just a message. (HH - Hansastadt Hamburg!)

On my Eurovan I have a real German plate (WOB - Wolfsburg) underneath my rear CA plate, which is the traditional way to do this.
Of course our 996's here have US market rear bumpers that won't fit the wide plate.

I have a clean front bumper, no plate at all on my 996.
In OC that's fine, but in LA they will give you a ticket for no front plate -- especially if you're parked at LAX!

I'd be concerned about having only the Euro plate up front, because that's kind of flaunting the law a bit, but SD cops are probably cool for the most part.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 PM
peavynation
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool, thanks for the input Dave! I never even thought of getting a ticket while parked!! Lol! That would totally suck! Yeah, you gotta watch out those LA cops.

I think I will put both plates on, just so it makes that cops think I'm still trying to obey the law. Thanks for the "accepted rule" of usually putting the euro plate below the states plate. I didn't even think about that. I don't want to look like a dork! Oops, too late.

Quick Reply: Fun new plate. Anyone running Euro and States plates?