Window won't go down

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 12:13 PM
StatmanDesigns
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wongster
How did you manage to manually turn the motor?
I'm experiencing the exact same problem...
Thanks!
Sorry for the late response and glad you fixed it. I think what my shop did was similar except while pressing the switch they hit the top edge of the window trying to get the window to move downward. Once it starts to move even slightly that is enough and then the motor works again.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Daniel, glad it was something relative inexpensive. Thanks for reporting on the fix.
twos up on that statement... Glad you fixed it.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Nicole Wenstrom
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StatmanDesigns
Finally was able to address this window issue and here is what was found. Took the car to my idependent mechanic (Wright Tuning just East of Cincinnati, great race shop) and they fixed it in less than 1 hour. Turns out that nothing was wrong with any parts just that the window motor had gotten stuck. They manually moved the motor and once it got past the stuck point it all works normally now. The door panel was removed in order to gain access to the wondow motor, it was not possible to free it by simply pushing on the glass. Although, if we knew that was the problem we might have pushed a bit harder on the glass to try to free it. No problems with fuses, relays, or switches, just a stuck motor. Hope this helps somebody at some point.
Do you know exactly how they manually moved the motor? I know this was posted a while ago but I figured I would ask anyways. T.I.A.

Quick Reply: Window won't go down