Sponsored by:

Cabrio Water Drains

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:19 PM
msark
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cabrio Water Drains

I was told there are several water drains on the Cab that need to be kept clean. I found the (2) by the battery. Can someone please tell me where the others are located and the best tool / trick to clean them out? Thanks...

Last edited by msark; 12-29-2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spell
Old 12-29-2009, 07:36 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Start with this link, then check out pic for a cab.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...hat-to-do.html
Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2009, 08:36 PM
smackboy1
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Here you go

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...riolet++drains
Old 06-12-2013, 04:30 PM
markwemple
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to re-hash an old thread but, I'm trying to figure this one out too. I've cleaned the lower drains in the rear behind the well covers but when I test them, I get water coming out of may places, not just the drains. This is from testing the 3 oblong holes under the hard cover in the rear.

In the front, I believe there should be hoses attached to the 4 grommets. None appear to be attached to mine. It's really odd.

I am getting water into the cabin at an alarming rate so I park on a hill and soak it up at every opportunity.

Thoughts?
Old 08-31-2013, 11:13 AM
sjg1138
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

There is a TSB from Porsche regarding the drains in the Front. Porsche has a new kind of rubber grommet for the drains near the battery. Crazy part is the TSB directs one to install the new grommets and to remove the drain hoses all together. I'm not sure how this is meant to help.

You may want to make sure that your Alarm Module under your seat is elevated or protected from the water somehow. Water in the Alarm Module will cause all sorts of very expensive problems. Unfortunately I know first hand.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:47 PM
professorman
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

I went through the carwash today, and after I was finished and vacuuming the car, I randomly looked in the battery compartment and saw both sides flooded with water. I was able to vacuum out the water, but now I need to clean the drains. I would imagine that there is 1 drain on each side of the battery, but I see someone saying 3-4 drains on each side. Is this correct?
Old 04-18-2018, 10:05 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by professorman
I went through the carwash today, and after I was finished and vacuuming the car, I randomly looked in the battery compartment and saw both sides flooded with water. I was able to vacuum out the water, but now I need to clean the drains. I would imagine that there is 1 drain on each side of the battery, but I see someone saying 3-4 drains on each side. Is this correct?
It is recommended to NOT take your cab through a car wash.

Quick Reply: Cabrio Water Drains