Sponsored by:

CAI on eBay just like Fabspeed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Optical TDI
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CAI on eBay just like Fabspeed?

I ran across this on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...item19b8093aa3
Here's their response to a question I asked:
This is made by the same manufacture who supplies fabspeed.
Is this Fabspeed brand.......NO.
Is quality the same..........YES.
It comes with the 4 ply silicone intake hose, 2 air box buffer block off caps and installation instruction.
Let me know if you need further information.

It's $90 vs. Fabspeeds $225. Is this a simple enough product that there's no concern to use it? It's only $115 savings, but if it's the same, why not?
Old 12-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

It's a simple mod but of you look at the Fabspeed for the 996 you will see the "cap" is a CF part installed from the inside and higher quality for sure, that said the Fabspeed for the 997 looks just like this kit.

Fabspeed:
Old 12-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

GOD NO - DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PIECES OF S$$T!!! Anyone but them. I got ripped off by them. Their crap does NOT fit. Period. The bend (angle) is too much and the length is too great. I couldn't even shut the lid as the air intake wouldn't line up as the stupid intake pushed the airbox out of postion. And they will NOT refund. He changed his ad from being based in Ontario because Joe at Fabspeed went after him, (the link to Fabspeed page is BS and NOT legal) so now he has a relative in Boston starting up on eBay with these same ad's, (and another warning sent to Joe at Fabspeed about the Boston connection too). Check Aug 12th 2009 feedback comment I gave to them- thats mine. You'll see they like to argue with people instead of solving the problem or giving back refunds. I had pictures to prove it is a useless piece of crap that doesn't fit and I sent it to them and they argued with me in the face of evidence.

Buy elsewhere.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

If you want one cheap, The "Schnell" brand is fine.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
GOD NO - DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PIECES OF S$$T!!! Anyone but them. I got ripped off by them. Their crap does NOT fit. Period. The bend (angle) is too much and the length is too great. I couldn't even shut the lid as the air intake wouldn't line up as the stupid intake pushed the airbox out of postion. And they will NOT refund. He changed his ad from being based in Ontario because Joe at Fabspeed went after him, (the link to Fabspeed page is BS and NOT legal) so now he has a relative in Boston starting up on eBay with these same ad's, (and another warning sent to Joe at Fabspeed about the Boston connection too). Check Aug 12th 2009 feedback comment I gave to them- thats mine. You'll see they like to argue with people instead of solving the problem or giving back refunds. I had pictures to prove it is a useless piece of crap that doesn't fit and I sent it to them and they argued with me in the face of evidence.

Buy elsewhere.
lols, you guys better listen to this guys... He our Resident "Peices Of ****" Tester
Old 12-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Schwabische Auto
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the Schnell from Vertex, fitment was fine. Sounds and revs better, didn't notice any noticeable performance increase, but looks good too. For $99, probably was worth it. Unless you go to an oiled cone filter, probably wont see any performance increase, but then your MAF may fail if you follow the rest of such postings.

My view, is that the car has stock a true Cold air intake and Porsche has a huge R&D budget for their cars, so you probably aren't going to see huge performance improvements from all these aftermarket intakes. I think most of it is hype. There are a lot of differences of opinion on this.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:58 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO your money would be better spent on a BMG air filter. The sound will improve and it's functional.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zookie
lols, you guys better listen to this guys... He our Resident "Peices Of ****" Tester
LOL Thanks Zookie, I think. 'The Nader of **** testing'? Next I'll test out those $85 headers... <ducking for cover>
Old 12-06-2009, 03:36 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
LOL Thanks Zookie, I think. 'The Nader of **** testing'? Next I'll test out those $85 headers... <ducking for cover>
..... and after you test out the $85 hearers, you can come down to Dallas and test out my POS, the Honda!
Old 12-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Originally Posted by gota911
..... and after you test out the $85 hearers, you can come down to Dallas and test out my POS, the Honda!
I bet the airfare down would be more then the market value of the car. LOL

Quick Reply: CAI on eBay just like Fabspeed?