Airbag light issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 11:27 AM
DIS
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air Bag - Seat belt light on - 964 1991 C2 Targa - fix

Hi

I think that I finally corrected the Air Bag light problem and my light has been off or a while.
I have done the Clock solder joints re-soldver with no effect, followed by a Durametric reset. Lights came back on after 1 minute.
The error code was the driver side. After the reset the light came back on after one mile.
I finally followed suggestions to clean the connecter contacts. This I did yesterday, with promising results.
The connectors are just infront and below the fuse box in the front trunk, on the right side, and about the same location on the left side. These are round black rubberized connectors, held in a holder. They are a bitch to get to and plug.
I used alcohol and WD40 to clean and lubricate the contacts using a clean small paint brush. After I again reset my fault codes, and drove the car for a few miles. The light have NOT come on, as they did previously.
I keep my finger crossed.
Don
Old 07-20-2016, 01:08 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by DIS
Hi

I think that I finally corrected the Air Bag light problem and my light has been off or a while.
I have done the Clock solder joints re-soldver with no effect, followed by a Durametric reset. Lights came back on after 1 minute.
The error code was the driver side. After the reset the light came back on after one mile.
I finally followed suggestions to clean the connecter contacts. This I did yesterday, with promising results.
The connectors are just infront and below the fuse box in the front trunk, on the right side, and about the same location on the left side. These are round black rubberized connectors, held in a holder. They are a bitch to get to and plug.
I used alcohol and WD40 to clean and lubricate the contacts using a clean small paint brush. After I again reset my fault codes, and drove the car for a few miles. The light have NOT come on, as they did previously.
I keep my finger crossed.
Don
WD-40 on electronics??? There is contact cleaner that is specifically made for this purpose. The WD-40 will dry out turn into a mess pretty soon.

Quick Reply: Airbag light issues