Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Just replaced my front hood latch assembly...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 03:41 PM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wonder if the MY02s and later have the same up/down hood front adjustment? Mine always seems a bit lower than the front bumper. I know I looked at it carefully, but I never noticed it was adjustable...I'll have to look again.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Use a 10mm socket on a short extension 3/8" drive. You will ned to remove the soft black plastic water deflector panel first though - just use a flathead screwdriver and turn the four little plastic hold-down screws 1/4 turn to release it - be careful you don;t lose them, they simply fall out if not carefull. You will then sort of pry it up and peel it out between the rubber weatherstripping and turn it as necessary to clear the release lever. It's kind of a pain to re-install it, but you'll get the hang of it. Just take your time and plan to spend an hour. Just loosen the two bolts a tad and you can move the mechanism it up/down and a teeny bit side to side. You may want to outline the mechanism with a Sharpie marker first in case you want to get it back to where it was before. Be advised that you don't have to move it very much to make a difference in how the edges line up!

Originally Posted by perryinva
I wonder if the MY02s and later have the same up/down hood front adjustment? Mine always seems a bit lower than the front bumper. I know I looked at it carefully, but I never noticed it was adjustable...I'll have to look again.

Quick Reply: Just replaced my front hood latch assembly...