Sponsored by:

Was it a slight?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 04:39 PM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by himself
Generally on the track, 911 > Exige > Elise. Very few stock Lotus's can get around stock 911s. When you start modding either car, all bets are off. You can get a couple seconds a lap with suspension, and another couple with super sticky tires.
I go to track days in my NA 2003 with the local Lotus club at a tight track perfectly suited for Loti. I am not a particularly experienced track driver, but okay. All of the Exige's at the track are supercharged and have been tuned. They are all faster than me as is the one supercharged Elise I encountered. I am faster than all the stock Elise's except one with track tires and a good driver.

The Lotus folks I know are a really really good group. They are proud of their cars. Yeah, and they think that their cars are better than yours. Isn't that the way it should be?

Oh, and entry and exit of an Elise is a piece of cake compared with a Exige.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:36 AM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick E
A GT3 driver can get away with saying this!!!
Fair point. But my money is still on me in my old 996

-td
Old 08-12-2009, 01:55 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There was some pedal left....not much, but I think it would have came up to driver and chance.
I put 40K+ miles a year on my DD here. I get a fair amount of stick time. Maybe not ***** to the wall, but I enjoy driving.

But thinking back on it, it's like complaining that I went out on a date with a supermodel and I complained that there was dressing on my steak..... Maybe I need to see the bigger picture.... I'm out with nice folks, great cars, and awesome roads.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:14 AM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

btw: is your car stock height or euro height?? Suspension mods???

Originally Posted by Eharrison
There was some pedal left....not much, but I think it would have came up to driver and chance.
I put 40K+ miles a year on my DD here. I get a fair amount of stick time. Maybe not ***** to the wall, but I enjoy driving.

But thinking back on it, it's like complaining that I went out on a date with a supermodel and I complained that there was dressing on my steak..... Maybe I need to see the bigger picture.... I'm out with nice folks, great cars, and awesome roads.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:33 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ha they asked that and I said, only the exhaust. They did enjoy the sound!

My next step is sways, Michelin cup tires (due to a ungodly great deal), suspension....

Last edited by Eharrison; 08-12-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:37 AM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very cool - I was considering a USA M030 since I don't mind the SUV height at all. I was considering replacing the shocks and reasoned that I might as well do it all while the struts are off: shocks, sways, springs, any other bushings that are needing replaced, etc.

Originally Posted by Eharrison
Ha they asked that and I said, only the exhaust. They did enjoy the sound!

My next step is sways, Michelin cup tires (due to a ungodly great deal), suspenison....

Quick Reply: Was it a slight?