electrical help needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:58 PM
wlee69
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical help needed!!

I spent this morning putting in a new double din Eclipse headunit/GPS using the 996 kit you can buy from Ebay...pretty sweet - install went fine...upgraded from a Traffic Pro that I put in about 4 years ago so the speed/reverse wires were already spliced into etc.

My problem is as I was putting everything back together (already had the power hooked back up to test the stereo) I was plugging back in the switches on the console next to the stereo - in my car is the central lock, and the cab top switch. Something must have tripped as I was putting in on the switches, as the windows went up and down, and the hood/trunk solinoids went crazy for a few seconds.

Unhooked the battery...put everything back together and now the windows don't work with the switch (but work when the cab top goes up/down) an the locks don't work - in addition the cars alarm won't engage - I get the double beep (its not the stereo since I unhooked that wire).

I put the Durametric through its paces and this is what I got when I scanned the "alarm" section...any ideas where to go from here??? Checked the fuses and everything seems fine.....Thanks,Will

larm
Current Fault Codes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Central locking limit position
Unlock not reached
Frequency counter: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Control locking synchronization

Interior sensor faulty

Central locking limit position
Lock not reached
Frequency counter: 2

Interior sensor faulty

Wrong key or wrong transponder
pill

Power window control

Frequency counter: 127

Copyright 2005-2006. Durametric Software Inc. All rights reserved.
Porsche, Cayenne, Boxster, Cayman, Turbo are registered trademarks of
Dr. Ing. h. c. F. Porsche AG.
Durametric Software is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.

Last edited by wlee69; 08-09-2009 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Bad fuse...all set

Quick Reply: electrical help needed!!