Ever Seen a Stereo Install Like this??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:18 AM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ivangene
I have an awesome stock 220 single disc and the other day my buddy at work brought in some new music and asked me to listen to it.... about 2 blocks down the road I realized I could not hear sh*t and turned it off....I hope to not use that thing again - ever -

I just hit the gas and listened to that flat six purr so beautifully... I thought.... no way I am going to miss a minute of this. I waited WAY too long to drive this car and someday I might not have one, I need as much imput as I can get so the memories last me until I get another one (or if I never do....)

No stereo upgrades for me
I love music but I also really enjoy the sound of my car's exhaust. So the solution is to play the music at a reasonably low level so you can listen to both!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:32 AM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ivangene

No stereo upgrades for me
Yes, but I also really wanted bluetooth, ipod integration, and touch screen GPS.
You're right though, I drive the car with the radio off frequently.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:58 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RallyJon
I'm waiting for the new Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT. Sounds incredible, but have to wait for comments once it's released.

I was looking at the new Kenwood 9140, but it seems to have huge bugs and missing features.

It amazes me why it seems to be so hard to put together the features one would obviously want.

Links:

http://kenwoodforums.com/viewforum.php?f=2

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25042
I'm waiting for this one too. Supposedly released in the next few weeks.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:48 AM
smichael
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default DNX9140 in an '02/Bose

Have the '02 and putting in the 9140 to replace my broken PCM1 Nav.

Did you guys hook up the line level or speaker levels outs to the Bose amp? Installer says the speaker outs will get me most volume, but worried about distortion.

Any other advice to get best sound from the 9140/Bose combo in our car (e.g., use the SRS?, speaker balance numbers?).

Quick Reply: Ever Seen a Stereo Install Like this??