996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

1999 with Aerokit FS w/spare motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:45 PM
JR944
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Will do Alex, but I'm very confident it's a done deal. The deposit I took is not small. They drove the car yesterday and loved it.

I love it too and while the replacement car will also be nice, I'll really miss this one. It's pretty much EXACTLY as I would want one specified and a great color combination (though I'd probably prefer a black interior). The only thing I'd really want and don't think the car has (though an old RL discussion would disagree with me) is the mechanical LSD. While I've owned about 8 P-cars, this is only the 2nd to which I've developed a real attachment. The other was my first, an '87 Carrera.

I plan to go see and hopefully bring home the new car next weekend. Will spill the beans as soon as the deal is done.

Here's a photo of the car at the Hershey Parade and one of the '87 just for fun. Loved that car too!

Joe
Attached Images   

Last edited by JR944; 07-07-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:19 PM
JR944
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Picked up the replacement car yesterday. Here it is. I think you'd like it Marc.

Will tow home to Denver from MN tomorrow. Hope to get it on the track on Saturday. Driving the blue car to meet the new owner at Amarillo airport on Tuesday where he will drive to Dallas and I'll fly home.
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Todds911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice. I don't see a sunroof on that car, so I guess the secret is out now!!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Todds911
Very nice. I don't see a sunroof on that car, so I guess the secret is out now!!
Secret? What secret? Joe's been talking about this car since about three days after I got my new cars.

now that we both got new toys (and are on double secret probation with our wifes), what will we have to talk about? guess we will have to join the women's conversation. Maybe we can convince them that we have to spend an hour in the garage to check the "710" cap.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:15 PM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

OK this might be a dumb question but I ask anyway...

Is that a REAL GT3 I see in that photo?!?
Old 07-14-2009, 08:03 PM
weatherthedecision
Intermediate

Looks beautiful. Congrats on the sale, and enjoy that new beauty!
Old 07-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Fissionx
Racer

Now that this is sold (and quickly wow), mine is for sale with similar options for those interested...
Attached Images   
Old 07-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by fpena944
OK this might be a dumb question but I ask anyway...

Is that a REAL GT3 I see in that photo?!?
joe is somewhere in iowa with his new toy in tow, so i will answer the question for him, or m ore specifically according to him.

according to joe (and the center caps) it is. of course the only way to know for sure is to drive it. so, after he lets me drive it, and i know for sure i will report back.

just call me jimmy olson, your trusty cub reporter.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Is it real, is it real?
Iittssss reeaallll!

i drove to joes house in my M3 and had a little fun on the twisties going up the hill in my M3.

Joe gave me a ride in the new toy then let me drive it back to his house, up the same hill. Well I cant tell you if off the line it is quicker than my 04 GTO with 350hp was because of the 6000' difference in altitude, but i can tell you it is quicker than my 951S was, his 996 is, and my M3. It is also quicker up the hill than my Astra or my wifes XC90.

The acceleration on the new toy is also much smoother than any of the aforementioned cars (is the hamster powered astra considered a car?).

I was taking 35 and 45 mph turns in the M3 at about 60 on the way to joes house. In the new toy i took the same turns without thinking much about them and figured i was doing about 60. Joe told me to enjoy myself but it was my ticket. Ticket, what ticket, i am just cruising at........... 77mph.

So i can affirmatively state it takes turns and climbs hills effortlessly.

I highly recommend the purchase of a GT3 to anyone thinking of one, or in the alternative befriending someone who has one, and will let you drive it. I think we will invite joe to dinner; i think he is putting the sticky tires on soon - i will report back after he digests and lets me test the sticky tires.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JR944
Picked up the replacement car yesterday. Here it is. I think you'd like it Marc.

Will tow home to Denver from MN tomorrow. Hope to get it on the track on Saturday. Driving the blue car to meet the new owner at Amarillo airport on Tuesday where he will drive to Dallas and I'll fly home.
That is sweet! enjoy!!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:49 AM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
Is it real, is it real?
Iittssss reeaallll!

i drove to joes house in my M3 and had a little fun on the twisties going up the hill in my M3.

Joe gave me a ride in the new toy then let me drive it back to his house, up the same hill. Well I cant tell you if off the line it is quicker than my 04 GTO with 350hp was because of the 6000' difference in altitude, but i can tell you it is quicker than my 951S was, his 996 is, and my M3. It is also quicker up the hill than my Astra or my wifes XC90.

The acceleration on the new toy is also much smoother than any of the aforementioned cars (is the hamster powered astra considered a car?).

I was taking 35 and 45 mph turns in the M3 at about 60 on the way to joes house. In the new toy i took the same turns without thinking much about them and figured i was doing about 60. Joe told me to enjoy myself but it was my ticket. Ticket, what ticket, i am just cruising at........... 77mph.

So i can affirmatively state it takes turns and climbs hills effortlessly.

I highly recommend the purchase of a GT3 to anyone thinking of one, or in the alternative befriending someone who has one, and will let you drive it. I think we will invite joe to dinner; i think he is putting the sticky tires on soon - i will report back after he digests and lets me test the sticky tires.
Great story!

I got to drive one maybe three years ago and was impressed by how quickly the engine revved up to redline. And the sound that engine made was unbelievable! Awesome machine...lucky guy!

Quick Reply: 1999 with Aerokit FS w/spare motor