1999 with Aerokit FS w/spare motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts
Default 1999 with Aerokit FS w/spare motor

My buddy Joe posted this on Pelican, http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=481848

I've seen and driven the car and can vouch for what he says.

Below is his ad from Pelican. Contact me or him directly at jrothma@hotmail.com

The car is loaded from the factory with what would have been a list price of over $90k in ’99.

3 owners, 2nd owner barely used it in less than 1 year of ownership.
Ocean Blue Metallic with grey full leather interior (including leather dash, which is WAY nicer than standard dash)
Full factory Aero Kit
MO30 shocks, springs, sway bars, I replaced springs with ROW ride height ones
Xenon headlights
Factory traction control (rare in ’99 C2). (Some people believe that all ‘99’s with TC also have a mechanical LSD. I’m not so sure)
Partial Carbon Fiber kit (shift ****, door sills, brake lever)
White/silver gauge faces
Porsche crest in headrests
Traffic-Pro GPS head unit (does not say PORSCHE on it, but otherwise identical to factory option unit)
6 disc CD changer
Incredible aftermarket amp in trunk and subwoofer enclosure mounted behind back seats. Fits perfectly and you don’t even notice it’s there. Contains two high end subwoofers and sounds great!
Two sets of 18” wheels available, Turbo Twists and Sport Designs
No oil leaks and no RMS issues
Coolant reservoir has already been replaced

The car is in nice, but certainly not concours condition. It’s a really nice “driver”. It’s been on the track around 100 miles when I’ve instructed at events and taken students for medium speed rides. Never run with track tires.

Here are the potential down side issues
Both sets of wheels are fine, but would look nicer if re-finished
It’s due for tires
The driver’s seat bolsters are showing wear. No rips or tears, but the color is worn
The starter occasionally makes a very short squealing noise when starting. I’ve spoken to a dealer mechanic who said there was no danger to just living with it.

Price is $26.5k with either set of wheels. Loads of extra parts including a 55k SPARE MOTOR negotiable. Also, I’d be happy to negotiate having the seat re-colored, 60k service, tires, or any other work done prior to sale.

Other than the SPARE MOTOR, (Did I mention the SPARE MOTOR?) I also have the following parts available at reasonable additional cost
Fabspeed mufflers
Full original suspension (shocks, springs, sway bars)
Original stereo head unit
Spare center console (nice if you’d like to paint to match)
2nd full set of 18” wheels
Spare pair of rear turbo twist wheels

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or requests for photos.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey All...

I know this car personally. It is a very nicely optioned 996 and it has been well maintained by a true porsche fan and long time PCA'r.

Chad
Old 06-25-2009, 03:13 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

OT: car is looking good Chad.... post up some pics of the progress

OP: good luck with your friends 99... sounds like a great ride.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:58 PM
JR944
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Chad has a bunch of photos and video on the 944 forum. It was actually Chad's fault that I bought this car about 4.5 years ago. We were both living in St. Louis and he bought another '99 996 while I still had my 964. I liked Chad's car so much, I had to go looking for this one. Really lucked out as my criteria called for an aero kit, manual transmission, not silver or black, and no yellow interior. That felt like it left about 2% of 996's for sale. Finding this car with the CF kit, full leather, gauges, litronics, and great stereo in Chicago was really fortunate. I love the car, but have the chance to buy something even more fun if this one sells.

Here's a photo with the Sport Design wheels installed. The turbo twists are on the car now. The Sport Designs do not currently have tires.

I paid for a Rennlist membership today so I can promote the car and wheels myself.

Joe
Attached Images  

Last edited by JR944; 06-25-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JR944
Chad has a bunch of photos and video on the 944 forum. It was actually Chad's fault that I bought this car about 4.5 years ago. We were both living in St. Louis and he bought another '99 996 while I still had my 964. I liked Chad's car so much, I had to go looking for this one. Really lucked out as my criteria called for an aero kit, manual transmission, not silver or black, and no yellow interior. That felt like it left about 2% of 996's for sale. Finding this car with the CF kit, gauges, litronics, and great stereo in Chicago was really fortunate. I love the car, but have the chance to buy something even more fun if this one sells.

Here's a photo with the Sport Design wheels installed. The turbo twists are on the car now. The Sport Designs do not currently have tires.

I paid for a Rennlist membership today so I can promote the car and wheels myself.

Joe
C'mon spill it, what are you going to replace it with?
Old 06-25-2009, 06:07 PM
JR944
Pro

NOTHING if I don't sell this car.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:17 AM
JR944
Pro

Car will be available for viewing at Parade in Keystone for at least part of this week.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe, sounds like a great car at a great price with that aero kit.

Someone at the Parade might just drive it home, that would be cool.

Good luck with the sales, she's nice.

-- Someone here ought to make you an offer on the Fabspeeds.....
Old 06-30-2009, 09:34 AM
JR944
Pro

At Parade now. Great time, great location! Have two people expressing some interest in the car. First question is always, "Nice car, but what are you asking for it?" When I tell them $26,500, the answer is "REALLY" and they take a closer look. I think there may be an impression that most active PCA folks WAY overvalue their cars.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:47 AM
JR944
Pro

Default SOLD

I took a deposit on the car yesterday from a very experienced and knowledgable PCA member who saw the car at Parade. The sale is only dependent upon me succesfully buying the replacement car. Once that is done, I'll deliver the 996 to the new owner.

The new owner is buying the Sport Design wheels and Fabspeed mufflers, but not the spare engine. That will be available once the car is delivered.

It's been an interesting 12 days since we listed the car for sale. Yes, our cars have taken a huge hit in the last year or so, like most toys, but the optimism of "buyers" was astounding. I won't name any optimistic Rennlisters (and none were quite as optimistic as this guy), but here's the best response I received from a local Craigslist ad.

"Hi there,

I saw your craigslist ad for your porsche. I am currently looking at a black 1999 in Colorado Springs for $18600.

With that being said, will you take $18600 cash today? I don’t mean to beat you up on price, I am just looking to find the right car.

Thanks for the consideration."
Old 07-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Your not helping the 1999 996 market when you are listing your car with a spare motor!! Next every buyer will want one thrown in. Just when we thought we had them convinced the seal issues were not that bad...
Old 07-06-2009, 11:52 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

That worked out well for you. The car sold fairly quickly.
Good job!
So tell us already, what are you replacing it with?

Phil
Old 07-06-2009, 09:04 PM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I honestly thought you were being too optimistic, as many owners are here, when you listed your car, but kept my thoughts to myself so as not to be rude. However, this goes to show that if you find the right buyer and you have the right car, market value doesn't mean too much. Congrats on the sale of a magnificent car.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JR944
"Hi there,

I saw your craigslist ad for your porsche. I am currently looking at a black 1999 in Colorado Springs for $18600.

With that being said, will you take $18600 cash today? I don’t mean to beat you up on price, I am just looking to find the right car.

Thanks for the consideration."
Nothing ticks me off more than when some asshat that's never even seen your pristine car tries to lowball you by quoting the price of a beater he ran across somewhere.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 PM
aben8057
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,

If the sale doesnt go through...IM me

Quick Reply: 1999 with Aerokit FS w/spare motor