Sponsored by:

Under-drive pulley

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:01 PM
pszikla
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Under-drive pulley

has anyone tried this product as a "mod" from Tarett Engineering?

It replaces the standard power steering pulley and the manufacturer describes it as follows:

Designed to slow down the power steering pump to prevent it from overheating in racing conditions, this pulley will quickly pay for itself by not just saving your pump, but also your weekend at the track.

The pulley is fully balanced and is a 16% reduction.

An added benefit is increased power and torque across the entire RPM range.

Pete
Old 03-15-2009, 05:30 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by pszikla
has anyone tried this product as a "mod" from Tarett Engineering?
Pete,

This is typically a track mod for Boxsters, Caymans, and 996s to keep the power steering fluid from overheating.

http://www.mantissport.ca/tabid/55/P...3/Default.aspx - $190 (CND) [pulley only]

and

http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...udp-detail.htm $240 US [includes pulley, bolt and tensioning tool]

Possibly increased HP and TQ - likely minimal gains, but present. Will likely require power tools to modify engine to fit. I think you have to saw of an engine tab.

-td
Old 03-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Jake Raby
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We also offer one of these, and it does help lessen power steering temperatures.

I see 3.5-4HP consistently from ours on our engines and during developmental testing, but I do recommend .5 inch shorter belt when using this and you will see a slight reduction in battery level especially when using the A/C, etc..

If you are worried about the PS pump, we also have some fixes for the overheating issues including a fully updated pump with coated internals, altered clearances and a couple of other tricks.

Quick Reply: Under-drive pulley