996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Door hard to close

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 04:34 PM
gsly997
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, yes everything is wokring ok now the battery is charged.

I tried pushing/pulling the glaas but cannot get it to ve, when i use the switch i can hear a click behind the door panel, so the power is getting to a relay/motor circuit or something.

I guess i didnt use the passenger side window for quite a while before so your probably right it may have failed earlier. Can you repair the regulators if you get them out?? or shoudl i just get one from an OPC? and be done with it? I do most of the work myself as our company is a mechanical engineering business.

I tried to remove the battery cables and wait a few minuted to reset any logic circuits but that made no difference.

Also, the passenger window has always been noisy with a wind noise when you get above 60 MPH, its quite annoying, i cant see anything wrong with the seal itself so im wondering whether the adjustment on the height of the glass when the door is closed is out... any advise on that..

Lastly.. how easy/hard is it to remove the door card? I have removed them on VW's and Audi's before but i know the first time can be a challenge when you dont know where the clips are...

Thanks for your help so far guys!

Quick Reply: Door hard to close