Sponsored by:

Drivers Ed - PCA

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 03:58 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,

I've only organized on Roebling - and since 2001. Every event I must produce the insurance certificate before the first car enters the track at our event to the managers.

Our club insurance is mostly for damage done to the track by our club. There is a bit in there for medical and not much else. It is the standard K&K track insurance under written by Acord -- and it looks just like the PCA club insurance we use to get...
Old 03-04-2009, 05:31 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

There are a number of threads on track insurance in the DE forum.

Personally, I have used WSIB for 2 years for DE insurance only. No claims to date (knock wood). Also, my policy is less than the $126 mentioned above and it is for more than $20K in coverage.

Keep in mind, most DE policies will ONLY cover damage to YOUR vehicle, not facilities, not other vehicles, not personal injury - just YOUR car.

-td
Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 PM
acadian_dad
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DarkSideDE
You are one pretty funny dad there!

And yes, I know you are joking. Unfortunately, I've been told I don't have much of a sense of humor when it comes to the safety of all....
Yeah I know - one man's humor is another man's beautiful new (or vintage, take your pick) ride in the tire wall. Or worse still ... And yes, I was most certainly joking. I too am all for safety.

Haven't heard of anyone willing to provide DE insurance in Ontario - I'd be interested in knowing if any Canucks can recommend anything affordable. Right now I am "self insured" ...
Old 03-05-2009, 08:16 AM
DarkSideDE
Pro

acadian_dad,

Lockton Affinity is trying to get you guys insurance. Keep your fingers crossed.

I know what you mean about self-insured. We use to have a Boxster - it died on Turn 9 of RRR due to a front tire blowout. We self-insured by picking up a $5,000 944S2 and about $7,000 to make it track worthy... Something to walk away from in case. Now L-A insures us every weekend we take it out for about 80 bucks. I figure if something happens it's 5% or $1000 which ever is more, and we can get another track car. Though, I'm now thinking of selling the 944S2. Now that there is insurance -- I might want a better car out there...

P.S. We seem to be mentioning a few different types of insurance here. Above, I was only discussing the actual Event Insurance - that you need for a group to run on a track - or the track doesn't let your group run.
Then there are the individual for their cars, etc. insurance. And yes, there are a number of threads on that topic.

Last edited by DarkSideDE; 03-05-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:41 AM
granracing
Advanced

Keep in mind, most DE policies will ONLY cover damage to YOUR vehicle
That's still pretty darn cool to me. I have a racecar so especially in my wife's eyes, it makes it pretty stupid to use a street car that wouldn't be covered. Then again, there was that one event I used my streetcar because I was too woried I might damage the racecar. LOL

Quick Reply: Drivers Ed - PCA