U.S.-based Porsche Magazines

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
They do that only for 996, 993, 964, 928, 924 and 914 owners, because they figure if you own a Porsche that is no longer in production, you will be more comfortable with the 1990s payment method.

BTW - if you have a 997 you can pay electronically.

Don't feel bad though, as soon as they found out I turned my 996 back to the leasing company and replaced it with a Honda, they discontinued my subscription and applied the remainder of my unused subscription dues toward a subscription for Hot Import Tuners magazine.
you buy this one dont ya Tim?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Thundertub
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

There is very little to dispute the absoluteness of Excellence magazine as the singular magazine of choice for Porsche owners in America. There once was a magazine called VW & Porsche that eventually ran into the same legal problems with its name as Excellence did when the first 10 issues were called PORSCHE magazine. VW & Porsche changed its name to European Car and then lost its focus because it then felt obliged to include all the other German cars and then the Swedish cars, etc.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Thundertub
There is very little to dispute the absoluteness of Excellence magazine as the singular magazine of choice for Porsche owners in America. There once was a magazine called VW & Porsche that eventually ran into the same legal problems with its name as Excellence did when the first 10 issues were called PORSCHE magazine. VW & Porsche changed its name to European Car and then lost its focus because it then felt obliged to include all the other German cars and then the Swedish cars, etc.

Yet in Europe Porsche allows magazines to bear the Porsche name such as 911 & Porsche world, GT Purely Porsche...etc..
Whats the deal with that?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Thundertub
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

Different Copyright and Registered Trademark laws.

Quick Reply: U.S.-based Porsche Magazines