Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 996 Forum
Reload this Page >

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

Notices
996 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: LN Engineering

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

 
Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 PM
  #61  
Wellardmac
Super User
 
Wellardmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 6,990
Default

Originally Posted by ryangambrill View Post
If i use the Recaro behind the passenger seat, how much room will that leave for the passenger? The main person that will be riding in that seat will be my wife (5'5).

The Recaro Young Sport looks bulky. Sure it will fit behind the pass seat?
My wie is 5'2" and she had plenty of legroom when the Recaro was behind her... all depends on how long your wife's legs are and how much legroom she "needs" I never really got any complaints from my wife.
Wellardmac is offline  
Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 PM
  #62  
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member
 
Ray S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 13,778
Default

Originally Posted by ryangambrill View Post
If i use the Recaro behind the passenger seat, how much room will that leave for the passenger? The main person that will be riding in that seat will be my wife (5'5).

The Recaro Young Sport looks bulky. Sure it will fit behind the pass seat?
Will the seat be rear facing or front facing?
Ray S is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 07:21 AM
  #63  
ryangambrill
User
 
ryangambrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 706
Default

Originally Posted by Ray S View Post
Will the seat be rear facing or front facing?
Front facing.
ryangambrill is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 10:38 AM
  #64  
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member
 
Ray S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 13,778
Default

If front facing space is not too large of a problem from what I have seen.

However on our rear facing Graco seat my wife (who is not large 5'4", 112 lbs) is forced very far forward.
Ray S is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 02:08 PM
  #65  
Nicolaasdb
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Nicolaasdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,182
Default

I must be a giant and my son must be to (6'1 and 5'8) because I could NEVER drive with a baby seat behind me or must have a baby without legs and my son has to sit with his seat all the way to the front to give the 2 yr old in the back a little leg/foot space and she still has to put her feet on the sides of the back of the front seat..or her baby seat has to sit so straight up that I am afraid she is going to fall over......is this because I have a cab?? my babyseat is a britax marathon with the bottom taken off
Nicolaasdb is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 05:49 PM
  #66  
Wellardmac
Super User
 
Wellardmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 6,990
Default

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb View Post
I must be a giant and my son must be to (6'1 and 5'8) because I could NEVER drive with a baby seat behind me or must have a baby without legs and my son has to sit with his seat all the way to the front to give the 2 yr old in the back a little leg/foot space and she still has to put her feet on the sides of the back of the front seat..or her baby seat has to sit so straight up that I am afraid she is going to fall over......is this because I have a cab?? my babyseat is a britax marathon with the bottom taken off

I've no clue... I'm 5'11" and have no leg room issues at all with my son's Britax Parkway behind my seat... in fact I didn't even re-position the seat when I moved him from the passenger side to the driver's side.

Last edited by Wellardmac; 04-04-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Wellardmac is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 05:53 PM
  #67  
ryangambrill
User
 
ryangambrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 706
Default

Originally Posted by Wellardmac View Post
I've no clue... I'm 5'11" and have no leg room issues at all with my son's Britax roundabout behind my seat... in fact I didn't even re-position the seat when I moved him from the passenger side to the driver's side.
Is it possible to go from the Roundabout directly to a booster seat? The reason I was looking at the Recaro was that it could accept a larger weight.
ryangambrill is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 10:26 PM
  #68  
Wellardmac
Super User
 
Wellardmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 6,990
Default

Originally Posted by ryangambrill View Post
Is it possible to go from the Roundabout directly to a booster seat? The reason I was looking at the Recaro was that it could accept a larger weight.
Sure. Unless you're pushed for space you can keep using the Recaro until you hit the booster seat stage. The only reason that I bought the Britax in addition to the Recaro was that I needed a smaller seat that would fit behind the driver's seat and make space for a rear facing infant carrier behind the passenger seat.
Wellardmac is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 10:30 PM
  #69  
ryangambrill
User
 
ryangambrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 706
Default

Originally Posted by Wellardmac View Post
Sure. Unless you're pushed for space you can keep using the Recaro until you hit the booster seat stage. The only reason that I bought the Britax in addition to the Recaro was that I needed a smaller seat that would fit behind the driver's seat and make space for a rear facing infant carrier behind the passenger seat.
What is the age and weight for the booster?
ryangambrill is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 PM
  #70  
Nicolaasdb
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Nicolaasdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,182
Default

wellard did you take out the backseat??
Nicolaasdb is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:20 AM
  #71  
Wellardmac
Super User
 
Wellardmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 6,990
Default

Originally Posted by ryangambrill View Post
What is the age and weight for the booster?
The weight range is 30 to 100lbs and the height range is 38 to 60 inches.

Although these seats were discontinued by Britax last year you can still find them in the supply chain and pick them up for a good price.
Wellardmac is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 AM
  #72  
Wellardmac
Super User
 
Wellardmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 6,990
Default

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb View Post
wellard did you take out the backseat??
No, I've not changed anything. If you look at post 24 in this thread

https://rennlist.com/forums/6285099-post24.html

You'll see my current set-up... the britax is behind my seat and the graco is behind the passenger seat.
Wellardmac is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 03:16 PM
  #73  
ryangambrill
User
 
ryangambrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 706
Default

Originally Posted by Wellardmac View Post
No, I've not changed anything. If you look at post 24 in this thread

https://rennlist.com/forums/6285099-post24.html

You'll see my current set-up... the britax is behind my seat and the graco is behind the passenger seat.
My son was 32 1/4" back in Feb. Last week he weighed 30lbs. He is 17 months old. I think I am going to go with the Britax Roundabout for the time being and then move to a booster seat like shown above when he gets closer to the 40 lbs mark.
ryangambrill is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 04:13 PM
  #74  
Wellardmac
Super User
 
Wellardmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 6,990
Default

Originally Posted by ryangambrill View Post
My son was 32 1/4" back in Feb. Last week he weighed 30lbs. He is 17 months old. I think I am going to go with the Britax Roundabout for the time being and then move to a booster seat like shown above when he gets closer to the 40 lbs mark.
I wouldn't expect him to be ready for the Britax Parkway until he's closer to 3 yrs old.
Wellardmac is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 05:13 PM
  #75  
ryangambrill
User
 
ryangambrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 706
Default

I just ordered the Britax Roundabout. Then when he gets closer to 3 yrs or so, then we will look into the Parkway.
ryangambrill is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: