Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc. - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 996 Forum
Reload this Page >

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

Notices
996 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: LN Engineering

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

 
Old 02-14-2009, 07:39 PM
  #31  
Nicolaasdb
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Nicolaasdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,182
Default

wellard you got guts stuffing 2 kids in the back! I couldn't do it.....and the baby kept quiet?? I don't think my wife would let me...
Nicolaasdb is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 08:06 PM
  #32  
Wellardmac
Super User
 
Wellardmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 6,990
Default

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb View Post
wellard you got guts stuffing 2 kids in the back! I couldn't do it.....and the baby kept quiet?? I don't think my wife would let me...
Why guts? I'm not sure I follow.

The kids love the car and never cry. They love the engine noise as much as I do.

Much as some might not think so, there's plenty of space for both of them and we all get to have fun together. It's a great family car.

My son knows that it's a special car and often asks to ride in it. In fact, he often gets upset if I go to drive it without taking him along.
Wellardmac is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 11:14 PM
  #33  
red911c2
User
 
red911c2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: An Okie just north of Muskogee
Posts: 1,342
Default

Good looking kids Wayne and thanks for posting the pics!

In the photos, do you have the horizontal rear seat cushions in or out? How about the vertical seat cushions? I see the one behind the rear facing seat is intact but I can't tell if the other one is there or not?
red911c2 is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 11:17 PM
  #34  
Wellardmac
Super User
 
Wellardmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 6,990
Default

Originally Posted by red911c2 View Post
Good looking kids Wayne and thanks for posting the pics!

In the photos, do you have the horizontal rear seat cushions in or out? How about the vertical seat cushions? I see the one behind the rear facing seat is intact but I can't tell if the other one is there or not?
Thanks!

All the seat cushions are there. I normally just put a towel in between the cushions and the child seats to help prevent wear and tear.
Wellardmac is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 11:21 PM
  #35  
red911c2
User
 
red911c2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: An Okie just north of Muskogee
Posts: 1,342
Default

Originally Posted by Wellardmac View Post
Thanks!

All the seat cushions are there. I normally just put a towel in between the cushions and the child seats to help prevent wear and tear.
Does anyone know how much space you gain if you remove them?
red911c2 is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 11:24 PM
  #36  
Wellardmac
Super User
 
Wellardmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 6,990
Default

Originally Posted by red911c2 View Post
Does anyone know how much space you gain if you remove them?
Well, if you take out the bottom seat cushions you don't gain much - maybe 3/4 of an inch in height, but the problem is that the seat narrows further, so it's actually best to leave those in with some seats like the Recaro (which is already a tight fit).

In the case of the back cushions you would probably gain an inch, maybe a little more.

It didn't seem worth it to me, and the seats already fit fine, so I left them in.
Wellardmac is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 11:31 PM
  #37  
red911c2
User
 
red911c2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: An Okie just north of Muskogee
Posts: 1,342
Default

Originally Posted by Wellardmac View Post
Well, if you take out the bottom seat cushions you don't gain much - maybe 3/4 of an inch in height, but the problem is that the seat narrows further, so it's actually best to leave those in with some seats like the Recaro (which is already a tight fit).

In the case of the back cushions you would probably gain an inch, maybe a little more.

It didn't seem worth it to me, and the seats already fit fine, so I left them in.
Thanks again for the info! It's good to know that if the seats are fitting too tight, I can take the rear cushions off and gain a little more room!
red911c2 is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 03:00 AM
  #38  
Nicolaasdb
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Nicolaasdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,182
Default

Originally Posted by Wellardmac View Post
Why guts? I'm not sure I follow.

The kids love the car and never cry. They love the engine noise as much as I do.

Much as some might not think so, there's plenty of space for both of them and we all get to have fun together. It's a great family car.

My son knows that it's a special car and often asks to ride in it. In fact, he often gets upset if I go to drive it without taking him along.
didn't mean in a negative way!! Just that my little one would not let me stuff her in the back and sit there smiling and being happy while I was taking pictures.
Nicolaasdb is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 10:38 AM
  #39  
Wellardmac
Super User
 
Wellardmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 6,990
Default

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb View Post
didn't mean in a negative way!! Just that my little one would not let me stuff her in the back and sit there smiling and being happy while I was taking pictures.

I actually thought that you might have been commenting on your wife, but wasn't sure.

My daughter is actually a very happy baby. We had three months of colic hell, but one day she woke up all smiles and has been very happy since then... she's a real change from my son who is on the "sensitive" side.

Last edited by Wellardmac; 02-15-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Wellardmac is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 11:38 AM
  #40  
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member
 
Ray S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 13,778
Default

Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
I have nothing to add but the Recaro seat looks so cool....
The Recaro seat is awesome!! I have it in our truck. I don't think it would fit in the 996.......
Ray S is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 11:57 AM
  #41  
Wellardmac
Super User
 
Wellardmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 6,990
Default

Originally Posted by Ray S View Post
The Recaro seat is awesome!! I have it in our truck. I don't think it would fit in the 996.......
Here's a photo of the Recaro in the 996 and a photo of it on a flight to the UK last year.... a great seat.

We were impressed at how well that seat traveled. We strapped it (with my son in the seat) onto a foldable luggage cart and wheeled him around the airport in it - everyone got a kick out of seeing him speeding through the airport in his seat. We got that recommendation from a US Airways flight attendant - one of the best travel tips I've ever gotten.

In order to get it to fit in the 996 you have to remove the pitch adjustment bar from the base.

Last edited by Wellardmac; 04-17-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Wellardmac is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 01:04 PM
  #42  
yasuro
User
 
yasuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 714
Default

Originally Posted by Wellardmac View Post
Why guts? I'm not sure I follow.

The kids love the car and never cry. They love the engine noise as much as I do.

Much as some might not think so, there's plenty of space for both of them and we all get to have fun together. It's a great family car.

My son knows that it's a special car and often asks to ride in it. In fact, he often gets upset if I go to drive it without taking him along.
good point. when my kids were a little younger, the engine drone would put them right to sleep. and yes, i had my kids in the back. it was a little messy, kids just are, but they still love to ride in my 996.
yasuro is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 03:10 PM
  #43  
Phil G.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Phil G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Suburban Philly
Posts: 3,785
Default

Originally Posted by Wellardmac View Post
It's funny because my wife made the same comment. I told her that she could take the photos next time.

It's the first time that I've ever had my camera badly overexpose the images when in automatic mode - it was very odd.
No Tim, you're right. Wayne has been posting pics of his "white" 996 for years, but it's really, truly pink. I've seen it. Wayne's just in touch with his feminine side. It's OK Wayne - we're sensitive to your needs and empathize completely with you.
Phil G. is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 03:35 PM
  #44  
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
gota911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 18,088
Default

Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
No Tim, you're right. Wayne has been posting pics of his "white" 996 for years, but it's really, truly pink. I've seen it. Wayne's just in touch with his feminine side. It's OK Wayne - we're sensitive to your needs and empathize completely with you.
Validation..... I KNEW IT!!!!!

gota911 is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 09:30 AM
  #45  
Paul 996
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Paul 996's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,945
Default

I don't have time to read the whole thread but just want to quickly share, so sorry for a repost.

These are current seats that you can still buy in 2009 that we are using in the 996:


Recaro Young Sport
20-80 lbs, they say 1year old but we werent comfortable until 2years

Recaro Vivo Booster
30-100 pounds and 3-12 years of age

Sorry, never carried the kids as infants in the 996. Didn't have the car then.
Paul 996 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: