Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Baby seats in a coupe...?? anyone have pics???

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 02:50 AM
Jeff000
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby seats in a coupe...?? anyone have pics???

So in the last little while since my last post a few things have changed, the idea of putting a SBC in a 996 shell ended when the whole going to be a father really sunk in, or rather the costs of it, lol. The little baby boy was born on the 4th. Happy and Healthy

Anyways, I was told I could buy me a Porsche still if I can get a car seat and a stroller in there.

So can it be done? easily? well easily enough, lol
Odds are the Trailblazer SS will be used 99% of the time, but for that 1% and well to appease the wife I need the seat to fit.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:14 AM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff000
So in the last little while since my last post a few things have changed, the idea of putting a SBC in a 996 shell ended when the whole going to be a father really sunk in, or rather the costs of it, lol. The little baby boy was born on the 4th. Happy and Healthy

Anyways, I was told I could buy me a Porsche still if I can get a car seat and a stroller in there.

So can it be done? easily? well easily enough, lol
Odds are the Trailblazer SS will be used 99% of the time, but for that 1% and well to appease the wife I need the seat to fit.
I think the Porsche stroller folds and fits in the front storage. I have a Britax baby seat in the rear. Be sure you use the rear child seat anchor, there was a recall on some cars because it didn't exist.
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2009, 09:27 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Chris, I assume that's the forward facing seat top anchor in your pic, correct? I wonder if that is in the CAB's as well.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:05 AM
salayc
Rennlist Member

That's the rear seat anchor for forward facing, yes. I don't think the cab has it and I couldn't find it in the PET. It's a really important piece to anchor a child seat properly.
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2009, 10:29 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

We've got the seats in nicely in all the other cars but just not in the CAB now. I need to figure out a solution for the little one to ride in the p-car once again!

By the way Chris, that's a great pic!
Old 01-10-2009, 12:47 PM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Chris,
That picture is a classic!!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:09 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Nice pic Chris!

The cabs do not have the anchors, but it is easier to get my body in position when the top is down!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:20 PM
sobamaflyer
Instructor

As a new dad in a similar situation, I've looked at the tons of threads on car seats, with the great pics. However, although I've READ of Graco baby carriers being attached and seen exactly 2 pictures of rear facing seats there seems to be a shortage of information for those of us with brand new kiddos.

We have a Chicco infant carrier and a 2 month old. I'm in search of a 996 at the moment to replace our 2-seater convertible (anyone want to buy a Z? ) and will add to this knowledge base when I get that far if someone doesn't point all of us to new information by then.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

I use my rear facing Graco infant carrier in the 996 without a problem. You just have to use it without the base and it fits fine.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
I use my rear facing Graco infant carrier in the 996 without a problem. You just have to use it without the base and it fits fine.
same here! and when you go to forward facing its even easier.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
same here! and when you go to forward facing its even easier.
yup, I have a Recaro Young Sport and a Britax Parkway that also are used in the back of my C2.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:47 PM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
By the way Chris, that's a great pic!
Yeah, was saving that one for a "have you ever wondered who works on your car when you take it to the dealer..." thread.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:00 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a roundabout and took the base off (someone on this forum suggested it...forgot who...sorry)

I works, but in my cab the sit is pretty straight up (if this makes sense) and my daughter let's me get away with it for about 5-10 minutes before she gets pissed.... I see her thinking: Daddy you are screwing up my hair!!! I am hanging in my harness!! AND NO MOVIES??? WTF!!! and she is only 18 months old.

SO I gave up (in) and hardly ever use my P-car anymore and with another one on the way my wife refuses to sit in it at all...... life sucks.....happy new year!! LOL
Old 01-11-2009, 06:56 PM
discoganya
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

+1 to all the posters here. I've used a rear facing Graco seat without the base and it fits fine. My kid is now about 1.5 and we have been using the front facing Graco seat. Fits well again.

Stop worrying about about baby seat... it's really a non issue.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:57 PM
b-man
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I apologize for being slow. But, I've done lots of searching/reading and still can't be sure of what to get.

I'm looking for a rear facing seat for a child that is a few months old. It's going to be used in the REAR seat of a 2002 996 coupe. When the baby seat is being used, I don't need any room for a passenger in the front seat.

Am I correct in thinking that a Britax Roundabout will fit, but the base cannot be used? If that's true, is it quick/easy and safe to mount without the base?

Are there any options that are better (like a seat with a base)? Graco has been mentioned a few times, but what model(s)?

I appreciate any advice and suggestions! Thanks.

b-man

Quick Reply: Baby seats in a coupe...?? anyone have pics???