Sponsored by:

pedals from suncoast

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Randyg308
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts
Default pedals from suncoast

just purchased pedals from suncoast and they are quite nice,but i have a couple of questions?first does porsche make aluminum pedals as a option?,second are the ones from sun coast aftermarket?i payed 129.95 plus shipping $9.02,and even they look to be very good quality with the rubber backs and porsche script. i see what seems to be the same kit on ebay for around $80 plus shipping etc,what gives ,did i really pay that much more for the same thing?or are the ones i got better quality or a porsche product? i dont think they are ,i would have noticed the porsche packaging(tecquipment)if it was a oem product.anyway any feedback would be helpful,cause i havent installed them and maybe i can return them.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I am not sure if Porsche makes aluminum pedals. I think those on ebay are probably "gray market" or 'black market" pedals.

Last edited by gota911; 01-06-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 100 Posts

Do you think Suncoast is selling gray/black market items? Seems unlikely from a Porsche dealership.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:37 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Ubermensch
Do you think Suncoast is selling gray/black market items? Seems unlikely from a Porsche dealership.
Uber, thanks for catching this. I didn't make myself clear in that first post. I was thinking about the $80 e-bay pedals as probably "grey/black" market pedals, but I didn't type it that way.. I went back and fixed the initial post.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:06 PM
9 lives
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I called the dealer in Toronto and they said that he didn't have any (didn't specify if he didn't have any in stock or just couldn't get any for my 996) the said 'Porsche' on them but did tell me that I could get some Techart ones. One of the tuners here said he could order me some AWE or some Rennline pedals. I opted to get a set with the Porsche script from one of the board sponsers from 6speed (I found it in the Group Buys section). $99 incl dead pedal - haven't got them yet but they looked good in the pic. He did say they were aftermarkets and not OEM (guess that would make them gray market ??)

Colin
Old 01-06-2009, 09:22 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regardless of what color market, the Suncoast and eBay sets look nice, and identical.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Anders0n||C4S
Regardless of what color market, the Suncoast and eBay sets look nice, and identical.
Ha, right, I think of gray market as cars brought to the US quasi-legally.

Well, ebay has some good dealers with good products, and those pedals look nice.
But I don't have driving experience with them, I might just do the dead pedal by itself....?

I just scored a nice set of Aluminum Bezel Gauge Rings for $80, instead of the typical $150 price.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:08 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Dave,

Do yourself a BIG favor and check the rings to make sure they are not warped. When you get rings, before you apply them, make sure that they are not warped. Lay each of the rings on a table and check that both ends of each ring touch the table.

I had one ring (the outside left one) that would not stay attached to the gauge. I removed it and found that it was warped. To fix it, I gently and carefully FLEXED (as opposed to bent) the side that was too high. I started in the center of the ring and flexed it a little, them moved about 1/4" toward the end and flexed it again. I continued doing that until I got to the end of the ring, and repeated the process until the ring would lay flat with both ends touching the table.

You can attach them with clear silicone. DO NOT use any type of glue.

BTW, the extended part of each ring goes on the bottom. You can see thta a little in the first pic. This will become more evident when you see the rings in person.
Attached Images   
Old 01-06-2009, 11:09 PM
kunkstyle
Racer

Originally Posted by Meister Fahrer
I just scored a nice set of Aluminum Bezel Gauge Rings for $80, instead of the typical $150 price.
Nice! Where was that at?

Last edited by kunkstyle; 01-07-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:14 PM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Meister Fahrer
Ha, right, I think of gray market as cars brought to the US quasi-legally.
Yes, aftermarket and grey market are different. Grey market refers to buying goods outside the accepted channel. I.e. a Porsche dealer selling goods at cost to a non-authorized car dealer who resells them. Black market refers to selling stolen or illegal goods. This is not the same as aftermarket.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gota911
You can attach them with clear silicone. DO NOT use any type of glue.

BTW, the extended part of each ring goes on the bottom. You can see thta a little in the first pic. This will become more evident when you see the rings in person.
Thanks for the tip, Tim. I actually received them last week but just got back from a little va-ca so I've yet to install them.
They look quite nice and the test fit seems good, and I really like your idea of using clear silicone instead of the included double-sided tape.

I've got an all-black interior, so this is a great mod in the <$100 category.

kunkstyle: here's the seller I ordered from, he shipped immediately, good service.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...Q5fAccessories
Old 01-06-2009, 11:35 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

You are welcome. Of course, I can't wait to see the pics!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey Guys, Porsche has never offered aluminum pedals. If a set of pedals has the Porsche logo on them then there are definitely grey market. We have had our door knocked on by the Porsche police more then once for marking a product with a Porsche trademark on it. It is scary what they have copyrighted and even more scary how well they enforce it.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:54 PM
UCrazyKid
Pro

Originally Posted by Rennline
Hey Guys, Porsche has never offered aluminum pedals. If a set of pedals has the Porsche logo on them then there are definitely grey market. We have had our door knocked on by the Porsche police more then once for marking a product with a Porsche trademark on it. It is scary what they have copyrighted and even more scary how well they enforce it.
+1

Rennline gets my vote as the nicest aluminum pedals for the Porsche
Old 02-05-2009, 04:30 PM
maci911
Racer

if these pedals are mounted right on top of existing pedals will that not elevate the pedal and thus affect driver?

Quick Reply: pedals from suncoast