Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

New pics of my 911 Carrera 2 Aero (1999) Vesuvio Metallic - trying out my new phone

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 01:43 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Your car is gorgeous. Vesuvio is one of my favorites. This is a picture of my vesuvio car that I sold a year ago. It is nice to see such a happy Porsche owner. Welcome aboard.
Attached Images  
Old 12-13-2008, 09:52 AM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking car!

Wow, a 5 Mpix camera on a phone, those pics are amazing for a phone.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:39 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Great looking car, and great pictures! Thanks for posting - makes me want to take the bumperettes off my car. Wonder if that would look good without the euro license plate.
Bob
Old 12-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Nokia makes great phones with great cameras!

AND, did you know that they also make the standard (non-Bose) speakers for the 996?
Old 12-13-2008, 01:27 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rotokim
Great looking car, and great pictures! Thanks for posting - makes me want to take the bumperettes off my car. Wonder if that would look good without the euro license plate.
Bob
Bob,

I did a photo shop a while back when someone asked the same question.
Attached Images   
Old 12-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Bob,

I did a photo shop a while back when someone asked the same question.
Tim, where's the snow??
Old 12-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Michael-Dallas
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Guybrush Wilkinson
My old phone was 5 years old and I am not into phones, so I am very surprised about the things this phone can do! With the 3.5G HSDPA connection that this phone has, viewig pictures and sending messages (this one too) works like a breeze! It is only a bit slower than the cable that I have on my home PC. 5 years seem to be a lifetime, when talking about cell phone development.
Also, don't forget to try Nokia Maps. If you haven't done so yet, upgrade the firmware to the latest version, then download and install the latest version of Nokia Maps, which is version 2.0. Version 3.0 is currently in testing at Nokia Beta Labs.

While not as robust as a full-blown navigation unit, the voice-guided navigation in Nokia Maps has been helpful a number of times. I don't even bother using my Mio C520 navigation unit anymore as well.

Also join n95users.com and howardforums.com for the latest info and helpful tips.

///Michael
Old 12-15-2008, 01:55 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Guybrush Wilkinson
I got a Nokia N95 8Gb phone with 5mpix camera a couple of days ago and here are some sample shots. I am quite happy with the quality of the pictures taking into account that it is a phone. However, sunshine and nice panorama on the background would be nice but at the moment we have only 5 hours of daylight here. So this is what I got.

Please excuse me the dirty car. Keeping the car clean on our salty and sandy roads is very laborious.

As you can see, I chose not to store my car for the winter. Despite the fact that the car has brand new winter tires, being a Carrera 2 manual with no ESP, the driver has to be extremely focused on driving. The car spinns quite easily. But in the snow, on a large, empty parking lot or on the ice of a lake, oh boy how fun driving can be in the winter!
If you need any tips on winter driving or keeping your car clean during the winter, PM Phil....
Old 12-15-2008, 02:03 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by medtech
If you need any tips on winter driving or keeping your car clean during the winter, PM Phil....
Old 12-15-2008, 09:20 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rotokim
Bob
A Peterbuilt rolled into me a couple of years ago on the interstate parking lot during rush hour. There wasn't a mark on my car, you couldn't even see where he knocked any dust off the bumperettes. He said he couldn't see me, but I had been in front of him for awhile. We were both amazed there was no damage, he even more-so that I said just forget it, no harm, no foul. They are ugly but under 5 MPH they work with 80k rolling lbs
Old 12-15-2008, 09:31 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, Tim. As I suspected, the U.S. license plate looks kind of small in that space without the bumperettes. I guess I'll keep it the way it is. I appreciate you showing me what it would look like.
Bob

Quick Reply: New pics of my 911 Carrera 2 Aero (1999) Vesuvio Metallic - trying out my new phone