996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Porsche CPO warning/help request

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 04:39 PM
911Raptor
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hijack your post but here's my CPO horror story (only had the car 2 months):

Bought a CPO 2002 C2 under 50k miles from a dealer 100 miles away.
1. Cup holder broken and front trunk dirty when I picked it up. They vacuumed the trunk and told me that the cup holder was not covered under the CPO
2. Did not make it home before the ABS and PSM warning lights went off. When I got to my closer local dealer they could not look at the car until two days later.
3. Oil light went off driving it to the local dealer
4. Local dealer fixed "faulty" ABS, PSM, and oil switches and found oil leak so replaced RMS
5. Oil light came back on a few days later, return visit to local dealer replaced a sensor
6. PSM/ABS light came back on a few days later. ABS cylinder replaced. Also had them replace the lumbar support on passenger side which was not working
7. Next day front directional not working. Servicing dealer had not put the light unit back in properly- which they fixed.

Last 2 weeks no problems...knock on wood. All work was done under warranty but my faith in Porsche sales and service has been completely shattered.

I would not recommend buying a CPO or a car out of warranty based on my personal experience.

I sent a letter to the dealer I bought the car from and managed to get an offer to have the cup holder replaced for free, but that's about it.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:48 PM
wrljet
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree completely. For me, CPO is just a marketing trick.
Not that it'll matter for me, since with the new economy my current one will likely be my last.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:07 PM
JCortney
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow. I guess it all comes down to the dealer. I bought mine (04 C4S CPO) this year from Park Place here in Dallas. They went over the car from top to bottom. Replaced all four tires, didn't like that there was a slight curb rash on one of the wheels so had it repaired and delivered it squeaky clean. Haven't had so much as a burp from the car and have had calls from my sales guy and the service writer they introduced me to just to make sure everything was going well.

Actually, I wouldn't have expected anything less.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:25 PM
C4CRNA
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a great CPO experience the car was delivered in super condition gone over with me and the salesman.I felt like I had just bought a new car.
Non working key fixed on the spot. Year later returned with O2 sensor problem and mentioned an oil leak, fixed RMS that day. I live 100 miles from dealer. They gave me a cayman S to drive to town to go to lunch or just tool around in till it was done. Offered to clean the whole car after as they had gotten fingerprints on the rear bumper the service advisor noticed upon deliver after repairs. Can't say enough about the service I've received. http://porschenashua.com

Quick Reply: Porsche CPO warning/help request