Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Friend considering this C4S in Cary, anyone know it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008 | 01:15 PM
AngM018
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJBird993
I dunno. Back in June, would you have been better off putting $50K into a Porsche or into AIG stock? Or maybe Wachovia? Washington Mutual, perhaps? Lehman... ah, you get the point.

Tell your friend that you only live once and tomorrow a piano could fall on his head.
You do have a very good point here. The funny thing is our 2 most recent customers were a stock broker, and a mortgage broker. The stock broker said "if I'm going to loose money in something, it might as well be something I can enjoy."
Old 10-14-2008 | 12:17 AM
happig
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MJBird993
I dunno. Back in June, would you have been better off putting $50K into a Porsche or into AIG stock? Or maybe Wachovia? Washington Mutual, perhaps? Lehman... ah, you get the point.

Tell your friend that you only live once and tomorrow a piano could fall on his head.
AMEN to that. I have been waiting to get a Porsche for more than 3 years, but I don't know what I was waiting for. I got diagnosed with leukemia a year ago at age 31, the piano landed just shy of my head and gave me a reality check. I finally finished my chemotherapy sessions and extended hospital stays and look at life like MJBird993 . I drive my car like I stole it every day and I never regret buying it. Tell your friend the economy is starting to turn towards the sun and the most he'll ever lose if he decided to sell it right away is maybe $5,000. Much better decision than a brand new car.

Cheers!
Old 10-14-2008 | 02:07 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Dude!!! 31 is way too young to have to deal with that crap! I hope you are doing better and enjoying the car.

This should be a wakeup call to all of us with good health - don't take it for granted!

Michael
Old 10-14-2008 | 04:02 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

Thumbs up Thanks

It has nothing to do really with life or death decisions, or investment strategies, but I appreciate all of the feedback.

Since finding this C4S, I’ve found others on the market that are similarly equipped and meet my requirements for options and with lower asking prices.

============

edit: yep; I bought this one.

Last edited by SH || NC; 10-20-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Friend considering this C4S in Cary, anyone know it?