Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

WHERE THE HELL DO I FIND REJEX IN SAN DIEGO??

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 10:35 PM
porsche930dude
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets take a few steps back here. I thought painting your calipers red is genrally frowned upon by the porsche community.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fluid15
Tell your local True Value store it's in their warehouse and they can have it delivered to their store free of charge. That's what I was told after inquiring directly with Rejex. After calling True Value and being told they never heard of it, I explained the response from Rejex and they looked it up on their system and they were able to get it for me in 2 days.
Jeez, just go to www.bumperplugs.com and order a bottle. It took me all of 2 days to get it. Great stuff.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:45 AM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I've never used Rejex

I read the Rejex website but I have some doubts:

Is it similar to a sealant?
Is it similar to wax?
Is it a polish+wax?

As my english is not good enough to understand the specifications I'd like to know your comments

TIA

This is what i used in my car:
After polishing my car I applied "Poorboys EX Sealant with Carnauba"

And after an hour cure I wiped the rest with a Microfibre Waffle Weave and then applied "Poorboys Natty's Paste Wax"

The result is quite good but now I'd like to know more about rejex, and if It'd be better, I'll change the products
Old 10-05-2008, 04:47 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RaphaelPlascencia
Hey everyone, I'm going to paint my calipers tomorrow (bought the Duplicolor caliper paint kit). I want to let them dry the whole day & night & then put Rejex on them the next day so they stay as shiny & clean as possible, plus I figure since I'm taking the wheels off & everything, I might as well give them a super good cleaning & put Rejex on them as well. So, anyone know where I can find it? I tried Pep Boys, Autozone, & True Value (Rejex site says True Value carries it), & no luck. I'd like to find it here in San Diego so I can go buy it tomorrow. If I order it, then I have to wait until next Thursday to do the caliper job (Thursday is the only day I can do it, for a very long reason I won't get into, lol). I've already put off doing this for about 3 weeks (didn't have time to go buy the kit) & I don't want to wait any longer. You know how that is. I got bit by the mod bug & want to do as many things as possible NOW.
As you are in San Diego - you're in the perfect position to buy a locally produced product that's as good/better than REJEX, but way easier to use/apply.

Check out Autopia and their Ultima Paint Guard Plus.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ult-1004-100.html

Application is wipe on and walk away, unlike Rejex - and as a product it's super slick and long lasting.

Here's a few cars I've used it on:

I also shot two home moves using iMovie, one on the ability of the Ultima Sealant to reject water/dirt, the other on how easy it was to apply to your Porsche.

They are QuickTime movies - so you'll need QuickTime installed on your computer to view them.

PC FREE QuickTime Download here: http://cws.internet.com/file/11743.htm

1st Video on Ultima here: http://www.dodkin.com/iMovies/Ultima-water-1.mov

2nd Video on ease of application here: http://www.dodkin.com/iMovies/Ultima-PGP.mov

Having used this product for over a year now - I give it
Old 10-05-2008, 05:00 PM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Wow!!

Fantastic job!
It's a wonderful product!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cdodkin
As you are in San Diego - you're in the perfect position to buy a locally produced product that's as good/better than REJEX, but way easier to use/apply.

Check out Autopia and their Ultima Paint Guard Plus.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ult-1004-100.html

Application is wipe on and walk away, unlike Rejex - and as a product it's super slick and long lasting.

Here's a few cars I've used it on:

I also shot two home moves using iMovie, one on the ability of the Ultima Sealant to reject water/dirt, the other on how easy it was to apply to your Porsche.

They are QuickTime movies - so you'll need QuickTime installed on your computer to view them.

PC FREE QuickTime Download here: http://cws.internet.com/file/11743.htm

1st Video on Ultima here: http://www.dodkin.com/iMovies/Ultima-water-1.mov

2nd Video on ease of application here: http://www.dodkin.com/iMovies/Ultima-PGP.mov

Having used this product for over a year now - I give it
I have to disagree. I recently picked up this product and was not at all happy with the results. I found it difficult to get an even application on the car. The directions call for such a light mist on the applicator that it's almost impossible to tell if anything is actually being applied. (They claim 1/4oz. is enough for one midsized car.) However, when you use "too much" ie. any amount you can see, it leaves behind a streaky finish that, in spite of the directions, does not dry to a shine on it's own. In short, there are many products on the market thatgive a better shine, are cheaper (<$35 for 4oz.), and are easier to use.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:37 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Tim - don't know for sure what you were doing wrong - but I couldn't be happier, and the results speak for themselves.

Using too much is the most likely issue - you have to forget all the thick coatings you've applied using previous sealants, and just follow the instructions.

As per my 986 Video - it's a 10 minute application as the last step product.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Tim - don't know for sure what you were doing wrong - but I couldn't be happier, and the results speak for themselves.

Using too much is the most likely issue - you have to forget all the thick coatings you've applied using previous sealants, and just follow the instructions.

If you read what I posted you'd realize that I'm quoting from the directions and so yes, I followed them to the letter. Yes, the results speak for themselves. I don't like the product so much that I feel compelled to warn fellow Rennlisters about the experience. Hopefully, you have no affiliation with Ultima which would cause my post to be offensive or harmful to you. Of course, if you were affiliated with Ultima, your post would be a violation of the terms of the this site.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

If you read what I posted you'd realize that I'm quoting from the directions and so yes, I followed them to the letter. Yes, the results speak for themselves. I don't like the product so much that I feel compelled to warn fellow Rennlisters about the experience. Hopefully, you have no affiliation with Ultima which would cause my post to be offensive or harmful to you. Of course, if you were affiliated with Ultima, your post would be a violation of the terms of the this site.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:04 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
Very poor - you feel you have to stoop to the level of accusing me of having an affiliation with the manufacturer, because you can't accept that the product works for other people, and not for you.

As I have used the product over half a dozen times, (see above pictures of my own vehicles) as per directions, and been successfull, I'll asume that the product and directions are just fine.

I'll also report that when my local Porsche Club (San Diego) did a technical session at Autopia, they were able to take a member's 986, and with no previous experience, use the Ultima products to get an excellent result.

Of course, I'm sure you'll decide that my success, and the success of local Porsche Club members, was pure luck, and that the product is at fault....

Just to point out - I'm a Super User on this site, with over 2000 posts, and a long history that's in the public domain.

Just take the time to check things out before you post cr@p about people.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Very poor - you feel you have to stoop to the level of accusing me of having an affiliation with the manufacturer, because you can't accept that the product works for other people, and not for you.

As I have used the product over half a dozen times, (see above pictures of my own vehicles) as per directions, and been successfull, I'll asume that the product and directions are just fine.

I'll also report that when my local Porsche Club (San Diego) did a technical session at Autopia, they were able to take a member's 986, and with no previous experience, use the Ultima products to get an excellent result.

Of course, I'm sure you'll decide that my success, and the success of local Porsche Club members, was pure luck, and that the product is at fault....

Just to point out - I'm a Super User on this site, with over 2000 posts, and a long history that's in the public domain.

Just take the time to check things out before you post cr@p about people.
Oh please...can you say corporate shill??? You've started 25 threads in your illustrious career here at Rennlist. One third of them have been Ultima advertisments. Let's not try to be insulting. I tried your product, I didn't like your product, I explained why in clear terms. Let's move on, shall we?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:45 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
Oh please...can you say corporate shill??? You've started 25 threads in your illustrious career here at Rennlist. One third of them have been Ultima advertisments. Let's not try to be insulting. I tried your product, I didn't like your product, I explained why in clear terms. Let's move on, shall we?
Tim - do you feel you're always being watched? - I suppose people like htny are on the imaginary payroll as well?

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=ultima

And van is clearly a corporate mole - he loved the product.

Clearly DFC is on the take as well : https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=ultima

You should certainly go after those three as well as myself - they really love the stuff, and can't stop telling people how good it is, how easy it was to apply etc etc...

We're all undercover operatives for UUPP (Ultima Undercover Protectant Promotion) - We have a secret base in a hollowed out volcano, and we infiltrate the mainland in little mini subs, protected by sea bass with lasers on their heads....

Last time I checked, my cover story as VP for a Cisco Gold Partner in California was still holding up...

http://www.redorbit.com/news/technol...ent/index.html

I have found time to post over 2100 posts on Rennlist since 06, and start 56 threads of my own, of which about 7 were about using Ultima - go figure!

I also work for Mobil 1, Toyo tires, Automotion, Meguires etc etc - based on my other posts - I must be raking it in!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:48 AM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

OK guys...
Let it be as Lennon said!

Old 03-19-2010, 03:47 PM
abbychia
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking where to buy Rejex in San Diego

It's originally designed to keep stuff from sticking to airplanes. Hi-end car users swear by the shine and ease of upkeep. You can get it locally at

Marv Golden Pilot Supplies
8690 Aero Drive, Suite #102,
San Diego, CA 92123

at Montgomery Airfield

1-800-348-0014
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

www.marvgolden.com

Old 03-20-2010, 12:19 AM
4Scargo
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 58 Posts

Used it....Love Rejex. Someone on this post said it may look too "plastic". Not enough "warmth" in the paint. Um, ???. Goes on nice(ly), off quickly and produces a "hard" shine that went through a MN winter on my pee-car. It's time for another coat. I use it on my windows, too. Erik is your man, get some.....or did somebody already say that?

Quick Reply: WHERE THE HELL DO I FIND REJEX IN SAN DIEGO??