996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

P-cars vs. Sup'd up cars

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 03:59 AM
dallasboats
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, helicopter, true story, fyling sideways trying to film me, it was cool. Yes i'm a dumbass
Old 08-02-2008, 10:05 AM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last time I was in dallas, after a late night at the. Candle room, I think we woke up at 4PM haha

But I will get up anytime of the day to race a helicopter
[QUOTE=dallasboats;5665642]
Originally Posted by htny
Dude we need to hang out when I'm down in Dallas

I'm happy to meet with any of you, but no morning stuff...... I get up around 11 am.......
Old 08-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TMAC
And that is is what I love about my Audi S4 BI-Turbo. No one notices it.

I don't race anymore on the streets either. I did a lot of that when I was younger like many of you. I won't lie though, if the right situation presents itself I am sure I would jump.
I used to have a "modded" B5 S4, it was an awesom sleeper!

I'm usually wont take any bait when in my 996 but when driving a C6 Z06 I must admit I like to spank some of these guys
Old 08-02-2008, 12:10 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

The average sports car owner has no idea what their cars are capable of and though they may have HP advantages, they rarely keep pace at modest 7/10th pace. Irresponsible of me? Probably, but at age 42 and no accidents I tend to believe I have reasonable judgement to know when it is prudent and not.

It's true that reasonable judgement could be the reason for not having an accident, but another factor to consider is luck. I'm a lot older than you and I too haven't had any accidents, and when I was younger I attributed my good driving record to skill and judgement. As I've gotten older I now have concluded that there was also a great deal of luck involved in my acident avoidance.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:54 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Bottom line is no matter who tries to line up against me and race, I have already won. Because I have the car with the nostalgia, the PORSCHE 911, the european race car, made for the street, that drives with panache of a rear engine design. As I defer from the race, I smile and embrace the piece of history that is all mine.

Jay
Old 08-02-2008, 06:08 PM
pszikla
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Bottom line is no matter who tries to line up against me and race, I have already won. Because I have the car with the nostalgia, the PORSCHE 911, the european race car, made for the street, that drives with panache of a rear engine design. As I defer from the race, I smile and embrace the piece of history that is all mine.

Jay
Brilliantly said!!
Pete
Old 08-02-2008, 06:12 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Until a F430 pulls up.

Originally Posted by DJ23

Jay
Old 08-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

^touche!
Old 08-03-2008, 12:29 PM
seattle_sun
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was driving along the highway in the right hand lane when this vette comes onto my bumper, I ignored him, but he still kept on my tail. The vette finally gives up this annoying action, but when I am about to pull off this long off ramp, he suddenly swerves back behind me. I downshifted into 3rd and zoom, he soon was a speck in my mirror. Really don't know what he was thinking. Even in a non-flashed turbo, I think it would have been no contest, but in a flashed turbo- bbye.

Quick Reply: P-cars vs. Sup'd up cars