Sponsored by:

P-cars vs. Sup'd up cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:06 PM
Rivarama
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-cars vs. Sup'd up cars

You guys are probably sick of my poll-type questions, but I love them so... here we go:

I assume you guys have experienced a lot of ppl trying to measure up their tuned up cars with your P-car... tell me the truth here: have you ever come out of a "duel" non victorious?

I want to hear funny stories about the 600hp honda civic & likes and all that fun stuff !

Cheers
Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 136 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Rivarama
You guys are probably sick of my poll-type questions, but I love them so... here we go:

I assume you guys have experienced a lot of ppl trying to measure up their tuned up cars with your P-car... tell me the truth here: have you ever come out of a "duel" non victorious?

I want to hear funny stories about the 600hp honda civic & likes and all that fun stuff !

Cheers
It all depends on the mods, but anyone who frequents a drag strip and follows NHRA knows that souped up Honda, Camero or Corvette can kick the butt of a Porsche in a straight line any day - not really a good contest.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:16 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

You know, I think we're all getting sick of your poll-type questions. ha.

Ok, how about against Mercedes? You know the ones that think they own the road?

I had two guys in a black Mercedes V8 Convertible with some kind of tuner badges jump in front of me from the freeway on-ramp.

The freeway was basically empty, but he insisted on trying to cut all the way to the fast lane.

Well, I was on my way to a meeting, and I lived in Germany for a while, so of course the left lane belongs to me.

He stuck with me for a while, until he started to drift into the rearview mirror.

As I also slowed and glanced back, I could see the pasenger was trying to grab all kinds of documents flying out of his car.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:35 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 136 Likes on 72 Posts

I've had an F-150 Lightning try racing me...

I was minding my own business on a quiet stretch of freeway. He came up behind me at high speed and sat on my bumper for a while. He then pulled up along side me and did the back and forth routine baiting for a race. I ignored him, so he revved his engine and set off at high speed. I wonder if he was embarrassed when he realized that I didn't take the bait and he was just left playing with himself.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:24 AM
speedyjp
Instructor

This weekend I almost got spanked and squashed by an ignorant rap superstar in a new rover SUV. 10fwy in Ontario. We were rolling side by side in fairly heavy traffic when she immediately changed lanes literally on top of me. She looked at me as I honked but she kept on coming.... I say 'almost' because I was able to swerve to the right and get far away from the ignoramous!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:45 AM
TMAC
Instructor

We have lots of people in Tampa, FL try to mess with us as we drive to and from places. If I have the room sure I go for it but I know for now my C4 is stock so it can only do so much.
I actually had a 996 C2 try to race me in my 01 Audi S4. That was interesting. I destroyed him 5 times but he kept coming back for more. I guess he didn't know what the car was not to mention all the mods I had. I use my C4 for just cruising around and my S4 is my “fast” car(for now).
Old 08-01-2008, 03:28 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Chevy C6... Of the line owned him twice... Roling start 996 does not stand a chance...

E46 M3's.... Poor M3's

AA Supercharged E46 325... Best Race... very close, owned him...

Nissan S13 BT... Owned Him

Suzuki 750 GSX-R did not stand a chance on the freeway

Ramdom VW's and Audi's... PWONAGE

Stage 2 Subaru STI... 1/4 mile ownage and Stage 3 highway ownage...

Ford Mustang GT, Owned of teh Line...
Old 08-01-2008, 04:09 AM
dallasboats
Pro

any year m3 wasted........
wrx sti, joke
superbikes, they wimp out over 125
corvettes, newer scary fast but watch out they don't know how to keep a line...
Bell jet Ranger, wasted past 150.

Friends gallardo, hard to beat, never have, but easy to keep up with. Also, he shifts way too early. probably my only chance, but hey at 160 anything is hard to pass......

most american cars, not a chance

360 spyder on highway, dead even.......
Old 08-01-2008, 04:14 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by dallasboats
360 spyder on highway, dead even.......
always wanted to give that a try
Old 08-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
I've had an F-150 Lightning try racing me...

I was minding my own business on a quiet stretch of freeway. He came up behind me at high speed and sat on my bumper for a while. He then pulled up along side me and did the back and forth routine baiting for a race. I ignored him, so he revved his engine and set off at high speed. I wonder if he was embarrassed when he realized that I didn't take the bait and he was just left playing with himself.
Never underestimate them Wayne, mine had 430 hp and 550 ft/lbs. It could do a high 12 in the 1/4. It only cost me $200 for the belt and pulley for the S/C to achieve those #'s.

I actually miss that truck, they actually handle well for a 4700lb beast. .87 skidpad stock, mine was dropped.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:15 AM
gregorycarl
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

S4 - gradually drove away from it.
Audi TT - demolished it.
Dodge Challenger SRT - dead even from the line...
early 993 - drove away from it.

But as we all know, our cars aren't drag cars, from 80 on we do pretty well.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:29 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I don't even bother. Unless your in a TT there isn't any point. Even the 997 S is slow compared to the newer cars out now. With the new Evo 10's and Subaru WRX Sti we can't even say we have a faster track car, that even including the 997S.
Funny thing is that the plain Porsche Cayman is faster around Top Gears test track then all of the na 911's with the exception of the GT3's
Old 08-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Lerxst
Racer

I have only "dueled" at Autocross and the local race circuit. At autocross, I usually end up with FTD on street tires. At the race circuit, it's always been HPDEs, so there's no timing, but I've never been passed... mind you I haven't run in the same group as the Ford GT, "built" Camaro, or a couple of other high HP cars that come out.

As for straight lines racing on the street, I don't agree with it for my own safety, or the silliness of just stepping on the gas to see who's faster IMHO. I just ignore them and they probably think I'm a snob for it . I do get a kick out of it when their buddy or gf are admiring my car while they're trying to show me "who's the man."
Old 08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
NNH
Burning Brakes

Quickly turned right onto a quiet local road a couple of weeks ago in my 996 C2 to get ahead of the A4 that was turning from the other side. As I briskly took off into the distance I discovered in quick succession that my mirror was full of A4, that it was faster than me, and that the little badge on the nose said RS4...
He was cool about it, and we had a little fun in the 75-90 range for a few miles, then chatted for a moment when we came to a stop sign alongside each other. The lesson from this is to pay closer attention to inconspicuous sedans...
Old 08-01-2008, 11:04 AM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

Road and Track or Car and Driver - or one of those "big" magazines, had a "tuner car showdown" a few years ago.

They had all sorts of heavily modded cars - showcase cars from various big named tuners - and brought them to a racetrack to see who had the fastest one. They were STi's, Evos, S2000's, etc, etc and had upward of 400-450 hp, with suspensions, racing tires, carbon fiber this and that - every ricer's wet dream.

So anyway, they spent the day testing the cars in various categories, and got lap times for all of them around some big race track that they commonly use for testing their other cars, and arrived at the winner.

Well, it turned out that they also happened to have a brand new C6 vette- fully stock- at the track that same day for a seperate story they were doing on the new model vettes that were coming out that year. They took the vette out on the track and promptly destroyed all of the tuner cars times, beating the fastest one by something like 5 seconds around that track.

Quick Reply: P-cars vs. Sup'd up cars