Old 08-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Orient Express
[i]

2. They leave micro scratches on the paint/clear coat
Not necessarily. The paint under the bra is always in better shape then the rest of the car when it comes to micro-scratches. The inside of the bra is covered in a very soft felt which does not scratch. Further the bra fits snugly around the edges so dirt does not find its way under it.
I find it hard to believe that no dirt would ever get in. It wouldn't take much dirt cause scratching over a period of time. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

After 6 years of continuous bra use, the Orient Express does not have one scratch on it that is attributed to dirt rubbing between the bra and the paint. That is a fact, and I would invite you to look at the car and verify it.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:51 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 208 Posts

I only use a removable bra when we do road trips. At all other times, the snout is naked.
For me, the bra provides outstanding protection against grit & gravel and then goes away when we get home.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:54 PM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Orient Express
After 6 years of continuous bra use, the Orient Express does not have one scratch on it that is attributed to dirt rubbing between the bra and the paint. That is a fact, and I would invite you to look at the car and verify it.

Yeah, but you keep the perfect looking front covered up at all times with a bra that doesn't look nearly as good. What's the point in keeping it looking awesome, if you can't see it?
Old 08-01-2008, 06:55 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 208 Posts

I agree with OE.
As long as I make sure there is no grit on the surface when I slip the bra into place, there's no way the paint can get scratched. I got mine from the dealer, so it fits insanely well and is kind of a bitch to put on, but once in place, the snout is protected big time. I'm sure the Speed Lingerie model does as well. I have no doubt that an off brand bra might have gaps that could cause problems.

But if film makes you happier, go with it. There are no wrong answers to this issue, just different opinions.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ElTorrente
Yeah, but you keep the perfect looking front covered up at all times with a bra that doesn't look nearly as good. What's the point in keeping it looking awesome, if you can't see it?
When the venue is appropriate, where you can really appreciate the car and its details, then the bra comes off. But for ordinary driving, around ordinary cars, and ordinary people, the bra stays on, and everyone can just fantasize about what's under there.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:37 PM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by ElTorrente
I agree, who are you saving the front for? The next owner? Take off the ugly thing and enjoy that beautiful car in all of its glory.

Quick Reply: Another reason why Removable Bras are superior to StoneGuard clear bras