Sponsored by:

New Videos of AfterHours Sport Mufflers on my C2

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 03:17 AM
p0rsch3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New Videos of AfterHours Sport Mufflers on my C2

Got the HD cam out today and shot some better videos of sounds for drive-by and cruise - both inside the car and outside.
Also some video of the mufflers installed on my car and removal of one side.

Enjoy!! Please turn up your speakers and be sure you choose "Watch in high quality" when watching the youtube videos, or the sound / picture will be lame.
btw the test mufflers on my car have over 1200 miles on them as of today when we shot the video. They just keep sounding bad-azz...

Drive-By video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XPn6...1E5767&index=0

Interior sound levels in town and on highway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEPHb...1E5767&index=1

Close up of sport mufflers on my car and removal of one muffler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWxCx...1E5767&index=2

Picture of the mufflers:
Old 06-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

There goes my lawnmower again!

Do you know that you have to be a rennlist sponsor to push products on the forum?
Old 06-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How much quieter are these in comparo to the muffler delete pipes?
Old 06-18-2008, 11:15 AM
p0rsch3
Intermediate

Paul- They are about 75% as loud as striaght pipes. The video does not catch it but they really hit you in the chest with the DB level at WOT. At cuise / idle they are about 2x as loud as regular mufflers. It's really a neat combo. Plus, the design does not lose TQ like bypass pipes, it actually improves TQ (at least on my car).

Originally Posted by Mr. C4
There goes my lawnmower again!

Do you know that you have to be a rennlist sponsor to push products on the forum?

Mr. C4- For a car enthusiast you really seem like a "sour puss" - Don't you have anything better to do than follow my threads and insult my car? Either you have a bad-*** lawnmower or you need to pick up some new computer speakers. Have you ever heard plain straight pipes on a 996?

I am not selling these nor am I affiliated in any way other than I volunteered to test the prototypes on my car, and since I like them I will get a discount for my time / effort with testing and making a few videos. I think they rock and am very happy to spread the word, as it gives us 996 owners yet another cool new peroformance option. The maker is also a very nice and knowledgeable guy and I hooked up with him through a mutual friend. I've tested other prototype products from vivid racing and racing dynamics- And have posted feedback / pics / etc for all.

What is your constructive input here?
Old 06-18-2008, 11:25 AM
p0rsch3
Intermediate

Just to add one more note to the arena so there are no misunderstandings- Since I am an active forum participant on several boards, I have been authorized by the maker to extend an excellent intro price on the first batch of these sport mufflers to forum members. If 7 or more forum member orders are in before end of June everyone gets the cheap price. I mean, how nice is that??

I don't want to cheeze Mr. C4 off or any other senior members, so if anyone is interested in a set please PM me for info and you can contact the maker directly after that. Similar with any sponsors here, if interested in reselling please contact owner of AfterHours directly, Brian Kono. Phone and email is on website. Brian is a very nice guy and has been involved in automotive racing circles for many years.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:11 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

8lbs is great! compared to my pse
Old 06-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Mr. C4- For a car enthusiast you really seem like a "sour puss" - Don't you have anything better to do than follow my threads and insult my car? Either you have a bad-*** lawnmower or you need to pick up some new computer speakers. Have you ever heard plain straight pipes on a 996?
Nah, I just think it sounds like my lawnmower. I did not know that it was your car and had no intention of insulting your car (how can you insult a car?) or you.

I am not selling these nor am I affiliated in any way other than I volunteered to test the prototypes on my car, and since I like them I will get a discount for my time / effort with testing and making a few videos.
Just to add one more note to the arena so there are no misunderstandings- Since I am an active forum participant on several boards, I have been authorized by the maker to extend an excellent intro price on the first batch of these sport mufflers to forum members. If 7 or more forum member orders are in before end of June everyone gets the cheap price. I mean, how nice is that??
So you are actually benefiting from pushing the product here at rennlist on behalf of the maker, while you just said "nor am I affiliated in any way".

What is your constructive input here?
I have been a member here at rennlist long enough for others fellow rennlist members to know what I have contributed with so with your count of 16 posts ("active forum participant") I don't really feel like explaining how I justify my existence here and what my constructive input is to your post.

Good luck with your exhaust!

Ciao,

J.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:07 AM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exact same post with an offer to participate in a group buy as on 6speed. Not sure if this new company is a sponsor there either.

Regardless of selling tactics however, I personally think the mufflers sound awesome and bridge the gap between fairly loud exhaust like GHL loud and straight pipes.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:37 AM
Mother
Burning Brakes

If you like them that's all that counts. Great video of car alarm going off I think it's alittle to much for my taste for on the road, but nice going from track to road with the weight loss.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:48 AM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not selling these nor am I affiliated in any way other than I volunteered to test the prototypes on my car
"oh yeah, and I volunteered to be affiliated with them and sell them..."
Old 06-19-2008, 11:01 AM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

Sound pretty good. A little loud for my taste, but seem pretty cool. I was laughing when the car alarm went off - that was great.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. C4
Nah, I just think it sounds like my lawnmower. I did not know that it was your car and had no intention of insulting your car (how can you insult a car?) or you.

So you are actually benefiting from pushing the product here at rennlist on behalf of the maker, while you just said "nor am I affiliated in any way".

I have been a member here at rennlist long enough for others fellow rennlist members to know what I have contributed with so with your count of 16 posts ("active forum participant") I don't really feel like explaining how I justify my existence here and what my constructive input is to your post.

Good luck with your exhaust!

Ciao,

J.

Johannes - I love your MK1 GT3 and had to settle for the aero kit. Just wished US imported them. I saw one in Taiwan a few weeks ago and loved the sound...
Old 06-19-2008, 01:07 PM
p0rsch3
Intermediate

Mr C4- Aren't you a senior member here? How about a "hello" or "welcome"? I think my "sour puss" comment is right on the money with how you are coming off.

I just joined here as a paying member, and I have my membership card. Look by my name and note "Rennlist Member". So I have as much right to post as you, even though I "only" have 16 posts. I have over a thousand posts on 6speed and a number of detailed DIY articles as well as reviews of products that I have tested for other companies. I will do my best to contribute here as well, but I'm not going to hang at a forum with grumpy hostile members. FYI I was warned about the general vibe here before joining, so that is something you as a senior member may want to think about.

To make this crystal clear: I have already paid for my mufflers, and yes I did get a good discount for testing them and making the videos. At this point there is NO BENEFIT to me to post about them now and I am not affiliated with the company.

* I tested a new suspension for Vivid Racing. I received a discount on a KW suspension for my time and effort. I did a big writeup on them and posted pics, where to buy, etc. If I post about VividRacing and KW suspension, you are saying I am affiliated with VividRacing and KW?
* I tested a new 996 muffler from Racing Dynamics, and I received a set for practially free for my time and effort and posts. If I post about Racing Dynmics mufflers and where to buy them, you are saying that I am afilliated with them?

Crazy-

I am only posting this info for the benefit of other members here, on pcars, and on 6speed. I found a new cool product and simply love it, so I'm telling others. I managed to work out a deal for other forum members like you to buy them at a great discount. If you don't believe me ask Daytrader or CJ_Boxster, or look up my nickname on 6speed.

Peace -
Old 06-19-2008, 01:30 PM
p0rsch3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ElTorrente
Sound pretty good. A little loud for my taste, but seem pretty cool. I was laughing when the car alarm went off - that was great.
Yeah that was pretty funny. I think I set off that alarm 6 or 7 times that day.
This exhaust is designed for those who want bypass-pipe sound without the daily bypass-pipe headache. Bypass pipes are too loud, and regular sport mufflers are not quite loud enough. These bridge that gap, and also boost performance in the low to mid range where it is most useable.

They are ripping loud when you gun it, but extremely mellow / quiet when just regular driving and there is no droning inside the car. It's a really neat combo IMO. I've tried other mufflers as well as straight pipes and to me these are the perfect blend.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:45 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

I never got the whole post count totals thing....we all have to begin somewhere, right?

Quick Reply: New Videos of AfterHours Sport Mufflers on my C2