Sponsored by:

Mod: GT3 (RS?) Lip Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:38 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mod: GT3 (RS?) Lip Spoiler

Also finally got around to installing my replacement washer nozzle and lip spoiler, both purchased from sunset imports. If you want part numbers let me know and I will find.

Since installation has been covered elsewhere, I will just post a couple of pics. Was a breeze, used a dremel with flexible attachment to drill the pilots so I didn't need much lift, just drove it onto about 2 inches of board and left the jack stands off to the side. Wound up going with stainless painted screws & fender washers, primarily because the part I ordered does not come with the plastic hardware and I didn't feel like waiting, shipping etc. It is hard plastic not rubber, and I coated with Ultima Tire & Trim Guard several coats before and one coat after mounting.

It's a good look, firms up the chin a little without looking "kitted out" and on my stock ride height car I am not scraping much more than I used to (I tend to take pretty shallow entry angles and avoid steeper inclines). I've only been up at really high speed a couple of times since installing, and while I can't point to any substantial differences in downforce, that may be a good thing, seemingly no harm done to handling.

Special Thanks to BruceP in absentia for his help in finding the install instructions for the Mk2 part, and to the folks at Sunset for finding it! (I initially ordered the Cup part but it's no longer being stocked in Germany or here)

Also, Washer nozzle install was easy as well, two man job though, one man activates washer nozzle (RTFM in my case) and other man grabs it with a channel lock, plier, whatever, and remove by depressing the tab (obvious when you have it out). Left and right are different part numbers, make sure you order the right one and confirm prior to shipment. Thanks to all for their advice on that as well.

Last edited by htny; 03-07-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:54 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice! The spoiler lip looks great!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:03 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks buddy, I've got one more mod to post tonight, just took the pic. Gotta make you proud!

Quick Reply: Mod: GT3 (RS?) Lip Spoiler