Sponsored by:

Motorola T605 Bluetooth Handsfree A2DP

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 05:40 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Motorola T605 Bluetooth Handsfree A2DP

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried using the Motorola T605 with a pre-MOST Becker (I have a CDR-220 I believe)

http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/pro...alObjectId=174

Just found it while looking for bluetooth car kits for my Blackberry and found it for 60 bucks at a wholesaler (shipped all in) even though the blackberry folks want $150 for it. So I pulled the trigger and will try. Looks like the unit just came out in October, and has straight RCA outs and an "8-pin connector for most factory phone systems".

I haven't dug deep into what kind of harness the becker uses for the Tel audio or how it knows when a call is coming in, anyone have any advice? I know many people here use the IHF1000, I'm figuring this probably has a similar interconnect and functionality

My attraction was a) cheap b) it seems like it will also allow me to use the blackberry's MP3 player to stream music (I have an 8320 which has A2DP for stereo over bluetooth), or the iPhone with an A2DP adapter. Since both devices automatically pause the music when a call comes in, maybe I don't even need to do the TEL hookup on the Becker, and just go in over AUX?
Old 04-04-2008, 08:07 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

I just installed a IHF1000 in my 996. Basically it only 2 powers wires, gnd, phone mute, and the phone audio. I am very sure that your Motorola kit will work the same.

The problem with your idea is that you will not be alerted when someone calls. When the phone mute wire goes to gnd, the radio automatically mutes, and your hear the phone ringing. Also, the phone kits are mono, not stereo.

Becker sells a kit for $20 that will allow a CDR220 to be hooked up to your phone kit and Aux.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:27 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

I'll post the wiring diagram when my unit comes in

The reason I was thinking straight into Aux was because the phone would recognize the motorola device as an A2DP stereo headset anyway so would send audio of the phone ringing, but yeah if I was listening to the radio (which I don't do now that I have traffic on my nav) or a CD then it would be tricky.

I made what might be a bad assumption, that the Becker harness everyone gets for ipod converted the multi-pin tel port (C2) on the back into an aux input. So this other one which you mentioned which does phone + aux, is that all into one harness or does one plug into the tel port (C2) and another into the CD-changer port (C3)?
Old 04-05-2008, 09:39 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

The Becker kit supplies 1 RCA for the phone signal, and 2 RCAs (left and right) for the AUX in. So I think that you may be OK since you will use the AUX in and that bluetooth kit is capable of stereo.

The kit is only $20 from Becker, and they give you the tool to remove the radio as well.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:16 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

OK, this one is done, and after a month with it, it's awesome.

I bought for $60 shipped from a pricegrabber storefront/liquidator, product is newer than all the competing kits (introduced this winter) and it helped me make my dream of having one device for navigation, music, and phone come true (and email, but I'm not going there).

Bought the Becker kit for Aux and Tel inputs for ~$17

Mounted the mic way up on the A Pillar. Paid ~$60 for the boys at Circuit City or Best Buy to install it, painless, took them about 2 hours and I sat with them to see how you move everything and route everything in a 996, very simple in retrospect but glad I had the help at that price.

Clean Stereo MP3 playback, GPS navigation (using Garmin 10X for Blackberry curve), and Phone, all at the same time (with a notable caveat that has nothing to do with the kit), seamless switching between Aux and Phone, and good voice quality. Also you get an extra wired aux input (female 3.5mm miniphone)

The caveat has more to do with my blackberry than the motorola kit. Because my Curve 8320 doesn't have 3G and my Garmin GPS is a bluetooth unit, it can't navigate too long without access to the internet because it loads maps from a server somewhere. So an extended phone call might cause you to drive clean off the unit's current map, because the Curve 8320 can't access the internet while you are talking on the phone. A 3G blackberry technically should fix this.

I'll take more pics of the install in the AM

Last edited by htny; 03-07-2009 at 12:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Motorola T605 Bluetooth Handsfree A2DP