Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Can a 996 interior be upgraded with 997 parts? If not, then. . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 06:25 PM
mastermindmd
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can a 996 interior be upgraded with 997 parts? If not, then. . .

what have people done to "improve" on the 996 interior. Mainly wondering about focusing on the center console, and seats? Any pictures?

The questions only comes up because the 996TT is such an incredible bargain these days, that the only thing making me think twice is the interior compared to that of the 997S. Of course performance is better, and exterior looks can always be changed if I feel the look ever gets dated, but what can be done about the interior.

Can those great 997 seats be transplanted into the 996TT? Is there a better center console option? Has anyone done a custom interior, or even custom upholstery on their 996 (pics)? Or are the only "mod" available a double din headunit with gps, and some carbon fiber parts?

Most likely I would still pull the trigger anyways as soon as I find the right 996TT, but knowing there are at least some options for interior tweaks would make me feel a lot better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:44 PM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

There are a lot of custom interior parts - Carbon Fiber parts are available from various vendors, plus various painted parts, too. Ebay usually has used leather parts, too.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mastermindmd
what have people done to "improve" on the 996 interior. Mainly wondering about focusing on the center console, and seats? Any pictures?

The questions only comes up because the 996TT is such an incredible bargain these days, that the only thing making me think twice is the interior compared to that of the 997S. Of course performance is better, and exterior looks can always be changed if I feel the look ever gets dated, but what can be done about the interior.

Can those great 997 seats be transplanted into the 996TT? Is there a better center console option? Has anyone done a custom interior, or even custom upholstery on their 996 (pics)? Or are the only "mod" available a double din headunit with gps, and some carbon fiber parts?

Most likely I would still pull the trigger anyways as soon as I find the right 996TT, but knowing there are at least some options for interior tweaks would make me feel a lot better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You'll never get a 997 interior in a 996 without spending HUGE $$.

Search under Ben Choi's user name and check out his interior. The CF pieces are the key to to a great looking 996 interior IMHO and they can be very easily retrofitted to a car that does not have them.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:48 PM
gofor28off
Racer

CF bits really do improve the look and feel of the interior. I added a number of pieces this spring here are before & after pics:
All parts from Bumperplugs.com

Last edited by gofor28off; 01-02-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Can a 996 interior be upgraded with 997 parts? If not, then. . .