996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Useful age of NEW tires (PS2)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:24 PM
DanJK
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Believe me, I wish they would have gotten the tires. The convenience factor is HUGE. Especially considering I would need to.......

Ummm. Tire Van just called me back while I was typing. They say they found the tires and will install tomorrow, plus 20% off the install for being pushed back several times.

I need to leave for the airport at 5 tomorrow, so it could be interesting. No way I'm leaving them with the keys and an open garage door.

All four tires, plus the road force balance should take about how long?
Old 06-10-2008, 08:33 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No more than an hour. I did leave the car unlocked once, no biggie. They did it in my driveway (I didn't have a garage at that time anyway).

Originally Posted by DanJK
Believe me, I wish they would have gotten the tires. The convenience factor is HUGE. Especially considering I would need to.......

Ummm. Tire Van just called me back while I was typing. They say they found the tires and will install tomorrow, plus 20% off the install for being pushed back several times.

I need to leave for the airport at 5 tomorrow, so it could be interesting. No way I'm leaving them with the keys and an open garage door.

All four tires, plus the road force balance should take about how long?
Old 06-10-2008, 09:00 PM
C4CRNA
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you will be happy you waited and got the newer rubber.
Here is the senario, 1-2 yrs from now you'll need new rears but the fronts will be ok for another 1-2 years. You'll be glad you don't have 5 yr olds on the front. I think they (tirevan) were really hoping you would accept the old tires and later they could say hey "you had a choice". A less knowledgeable guy would have taken the old tires and in my opinion got screwed.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:15 PM
DanJK
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tires installed. Tire Van did a great job, were up front about the age of the original tires they recieved, and gave me a discount for having to wait a few extra days.

The best part was the difference the PS2 made. I guess I wasn't expecting it.

The tram-lining is gone! Runs straight as an arrow no push or pull that I was getting from the Conti's.

Haven't pushed them yet - was told to hold the HP down for a few days until the gel they used around the lip drys. Sharp tires too.

I'd recommend tirevan.com if you are in the metro dc area. They knocked it down right in my driveway including road force balancing. Took about 75 minutes.

Thanks for all your comments. Looking forward to the opportunity of pushing them a little once I return from a trip.
d

Quick Reply: Useful age of NEW tires (PS2)